First Visit Suggestions

kuddles14

Looking for suggestions for first visit . It is my husband and I. We are in our early 60s. Healthy . Like beaches , snorkeling, tours etc. any suggestions or must see.

We are in port from 8 to 8

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey K,

We have been their 4 times.

Have gone snorkeling twice.

Usually pretty choppy because of the wind.

Last time we did an off road

excursion and went to the

other side of the island.

Totally different and interesting.

We will be there in July with

family. We are doing Jolly

Pirates for the Grand Kids.

Just read thru the post to

get an idea of what people

like.

Also, don't forget jewelry

shopping. That is always fun.

Tropicqueen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

We are the same age, first visit, same port times. We will be renting a car. Scouted out some snorkeling beaches and just want to explore. We do this on a lot of islands as we just like to get out and see the sights. Usually cheaper than paying for a tour for the 2 of us.

We were there about 6 months ago. Rented a car. Very easy to drive around on your own. We just picked some spots ahead of time that tour groups were going to but went on our schedule. It was the best day of our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
We were there about 6 months ago. Rented a car. Very easy to drive around on your own. We just picked some spots ahead of time that tour groups were going to but went on our schedule. It was the best day of our cruise.

Can you please let me know what some of your favorite spots were? I will be there in December with my wife, my brother and his wife. Also where did you rent your car from?

We rented from Budget at the Renaissance Curacao Resort, CU7 Reiffort Village Otrabanda location. I got insurance and the total was still about $70 for the day. I used under $10 for fuel. there were 4 of us. So, that part was $20 per person.

I pretty much modeled Irie Tours "All West Beach Hopping Tour"

Our first stop will be at National Park Shete Boka. It took us about 45 minutes to get here. We stayed here for about 1 hour to see the blowhole - was magnificent. Bring water to drink, hat, and good shoes. The admission I believe was about $9 per person. We probably could have stayed there longer.

We then headed to Playa Forti for the awesome view from above and to watch the cliff jumpers (15 minutes) - take some awesome pictures. FREE

Our next stop was Playa Kenepa Grandi (or Grote Knip) Beach, which is one of the most popular and beautiful beaches on the Island. We stayed here for a little more than an hour of swimming and sunning and snorkeling. FREE

On our way back to town, we drove by the salt lake at St. Willibrodus to see the pink flamingos..FREE

We rented from Budget at the Renaissance Curacao Resort, CU7 Reiffort Village Otrabanda location. I got insurance and the total was still about $70 for the day. I used under $10 for fuel. there were 4 of us. So, that part was $20 per person.

I pretty much modeled Irie Tours "All West Beach Hopping Tour"

Our first stop will be at National Park Shete Boka. It took us about 45 minutes to get here. We stayed here for about 1 hour to see the blowhole - was magnificent. Bring water to drink, hat, and good shoes. The admission I believe was about $9 per person. We probably could have stayed there longer.

We then headed to Playa Forti for the awesome view from above and to watch the cliff jumpers (15 minutes) - take some awesome pictures. FREE

Our next stop was Playa Kenepa Grandi (or Grote Knip) Beach, which is one of the most popular and beautiful beaches on the Island. We stayed here for a little more than an hour of swimming and sunning and snorkeling. FREE

On our way back to town, we drove by the salt lake at St. Willibrodus to see the pink flamingos..FREE

Thanks for the information. It is a lot of help. How long were you in Curacao? We will be there for 12 hrs. Sorry to be a bother.

Thanks for your help.

we were there 10 hours.... 12 hours is very nice.. you wont feel rushed at all with the itinerary I suggested if you go that route. Get good driving directions leaving the port area - that was the only confusing part for us on the drive.. and then to your GPS...

we were there 10 hours.... 12 hours is very nice.. you wont feel rushed at all with the itinerary I suggested if you go that route. Get good driving directions leaving the port area - that was the only confusing part for us on the drive.. and then to your GPS...

Thanks for all you help. This has been a high help. Really looking forward to seeing Curacao and Aruba.:tropical-drink::cool: