**Photo Review: Norwegian Jewel to Alaska 5/27/18 - 6/4/18

alainamarie

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the time and effort you put into your review! We are doing Northbound Alaska on the Jewel from Vancouver on Aug 6 and your review has been so helpful!

You are so welcome!!! Thank YOU for reading along! Enjoy your amazing vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you so much for this review. I know how much time it can take and once I get back from traveling I never find that time! We are sailing august the 20th and I can't wait after your review. You had an amazing weather! and congratulations again for your wedding!

thank you so much for this review. I know how much time it can take and once I get back from traveling I never find that time! We are sailing august the 20th and I can't wait after your review. You had an amazing weather! and congratulations again for your wedding!

You are so kind!! Thank you for reading and have a fabulous cruise! Be sure to read Shadowmeboy’s review as well!

Happy cruising,

Alaina

We are on the same cruise! I agree with you... Alaina's review was VERY helpful, especially for a newby cruiser like me. Come join our roll call for the Aug 20th cruise... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2552005&page=10

We are on the same cruise! I agree with you... Alaina's review was VERY helpful, especially for a newby cruiser like me. Come join our roll call for the Aug 20th cruise... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2552005&page=10

I’m so glad you found it helpful! Thanks for reading and have a blast on 8/20!!! It will be a trip of a lifetime!

Thanks for your review. I was on the Norwegian Pearl for our babymoon. Must be a sister ship. Looks pretty much the same. The O’Sheehan’s experience must be fleet wide. Service was so-so the first time we went and absolutely horrible the second time. I don’t know if they just don’t staff it properly or put only their waiters in training. It holds so much promise. The mozeralla sticks were the same.

We did a Carnival cruise for our honeymoon and we had a naturalist so seems very odd/cheap that Norwegian doesn’t. The park ranger joined us for the day we were in Glacier Bay National Park.

Thanks for your review. I was on the Norwegian Pearl for our babymoon. Must be a sister ship. Looks pretty much the same. The O’Sheehan’s experience must be fleet wide. Service was so-so the first time we went and absolutely horrible the second time. I don’t know if they just don’t staff it properly or put only their waiters in training. It holds so much promise. The mozeralla sticks were the same.

We did a Carnival cruise for our honeymoon and we had a naturalist so seems very odd/cheap that Norwegian doesn’t. The park ranger joined us for the day we were in Glacier Bay National Park.

I couldn’t agree with you more - on several accounts. I SO looked forward to O’Sheehans because it was just outside our cabin. We tried several different things and it was all “ok”... the service is what made us groan. But we were the fools who kept trying it! My friend (Shadowmeboy) said the service was great & food was good on his cruise just after mine.

We had an amazing naturalist on Celebrity - he was top notch! His presentations were amazing and educational. So if this were my first sailing to Alaska, I would be disappointed for sure.

Thanks so much for reading!

Alaina

Hi Alaina, wondering if you can help describe the trails at the Menendhall Glacier. My daughter just injured her ankle (bad sprain and small fracture) and we depart for our cruise in less than 2 weeks. She is in an air cast and walking very slowly with pain. Dr told us it is OK for her to travel, but she needs to minimize weight bearing activities. I have rented a scooter for the trip and now having to re-calibrate our shore excursion plans to be less physical. Are the pathways to the 2 glacier viewing sites navigable by a scooter or wheel chair? We will be in Juneau on Aug 23.

Hi Alaina, wondering if you can help describe the trails at the Menendhall Glacier. My daughter just injured her ankle (bad sprain and small fracture) and we depart for our cruise in less than 2 weeks. She is in an air cast and walking very slowly with pain. Dr told us it is OK for her to travel, but she needs to minimize weight bearing activities. I have rented a scooter for the trip and now having to re-calibrate our shore excursion plans to be less physical. Are the pathways to the 2 glacier viewing sites navigable by a scooter or wheel chair? We will be in Juneau on Aug 23.

Thank you so much for reading!

I do not recall the 20 minute walk to Nugget Falls as a paved walk. It is mostly gravel which would be a safety concern for sure. I also think this could be a challenge for someone pushing a wheelchair.

Photo point (much shorter trail) I do recall being much more accessible (paved path). She could also go to the visitors center while the others do the nugget falls trail that way she has a full experience.

Photo point trail took a few minutes each way and offered beautiful views. I’m sure the park’s website has much more information. Here’s a link:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tongass/recarea/?recid=78799

Happy sailing to you,

Alaina

Thank you so much for reading!

I do not recall the 20 minute walk to Nugget Falls as a paved walk. It is mostly gravel which would be a safety concern for sure. I also think this could be a challenge for someone pushing a wheelchair.

Photo point (much shorter trail) I do recall being much more accessible (paved path). She could also go to the visitors center while the others do the nugget falls trail that way she has a full experience.

Photo point trail took a few minutes each way and offered beautiful views. I’m sure the park’s website has much more information. Here’s a link:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tongass/recarea/?recid=78799

Happy sailing to you,

Alaina

Very helpful, Thank you! You should start collecting a salary from Cruise Critic clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Very helpful, Thank you! You should start collecting a salary from Cruise Critic clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

I’m happy to help! A free cruise wouldn’t be bad, right?! Just teasing. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Enjoy your cruise!

Alaina

• 1 month later...