Passport expired

MANDMTRAVEL

Hi, My USA passport is expired and wondering if I can travel with my driver license and citizenship certificate (not born on the USA) what I have is a Naturalized Certificate, which I had used without any problems on RCCL and Norwegian out of Port of Miami. I called MSC and they can not confirm, because on their website it states that you can with your birth certificate but does not specify about Naturalized Citizens.

Anyone has any experience on this with MSC?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi, My USA passport is expired and wondering if I can travel with my driver license and citizenship certificate (not born on the USA) what I have is a Naturalized Certificate, which I had used without any problems on RCCL and Norwegian out of Port of Miami. I called MSC and they can not confirm, because on their website it states that you can with your birth certificate but does not specify about Naturalized Citizens.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have to ask it. How much is Passport cost in USA and how much problem it is to order it. WHY??? Why Americans on this forum always have problem with passports?

I have to ask it. How much is Passport cost in USA and how much problem it is to order it. WHY??? Why Americans on this forum always have problem with passports?

We had no problem getting my wife a passport for our trip. Brought her Birth Certificate, DL, etc. to the local post office, took 10 minutes to swear her in, and then we received the passport in 2.5 weeks. No expedite fee or anything.

We had no problem getting my wife a passport for our trip. Brought her Birth Certificate, DL, etc. to the local post office, took 10 minutes to swear her in, and then we received the passport in 2.5 weeks. No expedite fee or anything.

Too late for that

Too late for that

If you were able to travel with the naturalization certificate in the past, it's probably going to be okay to do so again. But a passport is still your best (and safest) bet. There are passport centers where you can make an appointment and get either an expedited or same-day passport. Have you looked into that?

No cruise line can provide reliable information on the requirements

and which documents you need for visiting countries around the world.

You need to get the information from the authorities in each country.

Maybe this website from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services helps.

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/us-citizens-travelling-internationally

(Disclosure: This is not a legal advise)

If your citizenship paper is the original with a raised seal on it you should be fine. But I would bring your naturalization certificate also and your marriage certificate if your name is different and your expired passport because it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Forums mobile app

They cost about $130 and it's not a fast process.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No cruise line can provide reliable information on the requirements

and which documents you need for visiting countries around the world.

You need to get the information from the authorities in each country.

Maybe this website from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services helps.

https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/us-citizens-travelling-internationally

(Disclosure: This is not a legal advise)

I agree with this. The ID requirements the cruiselines follow are based on the U.S. government requirements. I don't foresee any problems if you follow the requirements listed on the appropriate DHS website.

Thanks in advance!!!

You can travel with your Naturalisation certificate. Only you'll have problem if you meet not experienced worker on check in :-) but it takes usually 10 more minutes of your time...

The certificate will be fine. Walk with the expired one as mentioned before. The passport is important in case of any emergencies and you need to fly home from one of the island ports.

Good luck and have a great trip.

They cost about $130 and it's not a fast process.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Renewals are actually a pretty fast process. We just renewed our Passport last month and had our new one in less than 3 weeks. And this was for the normal renewal process. Those in a hurry can pay for expedited service and generally have it done within about 10 days.

Hank

The certificate will be fine. Walk with the expired one as mentioned before. The passport is important in case of any emergencies and you need to fly home from one of the island ports.

Good luck and have a great trip.

scan your expired passport , reduce the size to credit card size, then print on photographic paper and laminate it

then you can keep it in your wallet

no need to lug a great big book with you

Pete