Mini fridge question

I've seen several posts where people suggest having the mini fridge emptied to make room for their water package. My question is...do you simply ask the steward once on board, or is this a request that should be made in advance?

Thanks.

Ive done both. Once, I asked my NCL rep who I booked with to have it noted to empty it and it was when we arrivived. Then the next time I forgot to ask and asked the steward when we met him and he had it done very quickly.

In any event the items in the mini-fridge are accountable and will be charged on your ship board account

if consumed.

If the contents are not requested removed in advance then first thing on checking in to your cabin have

the cabin attendant do it.

If the cabin attendant is not around you can also do this yourself but advise the cabin attendant later

where and what you did - maybe placed in drawer close by or put into a small bag and placed on a shelf.

Personally I would not consider drinking anything in the mini-fridge not knowing the shelf life of the stuff.

Diet pop loses is chemical sweet taste after a few months - the beer don't know how many times it has

been shaken waiting for a beer shower when popping the tab - the nuts and gummy bears beware if

they can't be separated - too much heat welding them into one piece - as for the miniatures and wine

splits make sure the cap is sealed and not tampered with - second thought empty the fridge and place

your own known items in place. Bring small EMPTY bottles of water on board and fill with ships water and

then you will have cool water available in your cabin. You could also fill the EMPTY bottles you brought

on board with juices from the buffet - use standard protocol filling at the buffet station (use a secondary

glass or filling cup to fill your bottle - your bottle is not to touch the juice dispenser).

Note if you do not need the fridge you can have your cabin attendant lock it.

If the fridge is not keeping things cool alert your cabin attendant for maintenance attention.

I always empty it myself & then tell my steward I will be storing

stuff in there...never been charged for contents in all my cruises.

Me too....the above...every cruise. Only take a minute or so. And I would not use those items either. They have all been in and out of that refridge many times I bet.