Eurodam ..One Good Turn

CM1984

We are looking at booking the Eurodam and have a question about dining. If we do the anytime (not sure if that is what it is called) do they have tables for 2? We prefer to eat alone and I am not sure how many table for 2 they have. Also can you tell me about the Lido and the variety of food - is it different everyday or always the same?

We are looking at booking the Eurodam and have a question about dining. If we do the anytime (not sure if that is what it is called) do they have tables for 2? We prefer to eat alone and I am not sure how many table for 2 they have. Also can you tell me about the Lido and the variety of food - is it different everyday or always the same?

Hi Meh56- I just looked at the halfacts website and it has a diagram of the upper & lower dining room layout. It does show 2 tops, both locations (we had early dining).

The Lido breakfast seemed to have the same things daily, but lunches and dinners were new offerings daily, as well as standards (salad bar, breads...)

I hope this helps, and I hope you have a marvelous trip!

Ahoy there!

I first sailed on ms Eurodam in August 2017, and just returned from another cruise on the ship this past weekend. I noticed several great improvements throughout the ship from the the most recent Dry Dock in April:

Deck 1 - The Journeys Ashore desk was removed and replaced with several Future Cruise Consultant stations. The Atrium Bar was also complete removed and new seating was added.

Deck 3 - The Photo Gallery was updated with new computer kiosks.

Deck 11 - The Crow's Nest received a complete overhaul! The dark wood and older finishings and large bookcases were removed, and replaced with lighter wood and chrome finishings. The Exploration's Cafe was removed, and an EXC Desk (Journey's Ashore) was added in it's place (don't worry, the Crow's Nest bar has the same coffee service). Several interactive displays were added, so guests could explore each port and EXC offerings.

Another thing I noticed were upgrades to the Restrooms throughout the ship (I assume the Men's rooms were updated lol). Previously these were predominately red in color, and have been updated to neutral colors and marble finishings. In addition, it appeared they had updated the carpeting in several areas.

Overall, I found the renovations to ms Eurodam to be in very good taste. I have read several reviews of the updates being "too modern" and "not in line with the traditional HAL appearance." However, with the arrival of ms Koningsdam and ms Nieuw Statendam, I think it is important to blend the newer aesthetics of these ships with the traditional looks of ships (such as the ms Eurodam) in order for HAL to present a unified brand across their fleet. In my opinion, the renovations completed in the recent Dry Dock have certainly accomplished this aboard ms Eurodam.

Thank you for this information.

I thought I would share just a few more things to maybe give you some help....(most found on CC)

1. Those little battery operated tea lights are perfect for the bathroom at night.

2. Go to a dollar store and get a collapsible (sp) letter tray, or whatever they are called. It is perfect to throw all the papers you get, or snacks, or just stuff. Keeps your cabin a bit neater.

3. DH uses a CPAP machine, we took a good extension cord to reach to the 110 outlet. You don't need a power strip, just an ext. cord.

4. Take extra $1.00 bills. They come in handy for tipping, especially the Room Service deliveries.

5. Without a doubt, Cruise Critic is your best source to learn and reseach, our cruise was the best we have had, thanks in part to CC.

Mimi

I thought I would share just a few more things to maybe give you some help....(most found on CC)

1. Those little battery operated tea lights are perfect for the bathroom at night.

Mimi

Our cabin on the Eurodam, 7078, had an automatic overhead nightlight in the bathroom. We thought it was just the right brightness for us.

Our cabin on the Eurodam, 7078, had an automatic overhead nightlight in the bathroom. We thought it was just the right brightness for us.

You are so RIGHT! We took our tea lights, and did not need to use them (must be my age!) But they would be lovely on the balcony or in the cabin for a little mood enhancer. ;)