TriRail ?

5280mom

We have decided to use TriRail from PBI to MIA due to the crazy high rental car rates for December (holiday time). I'm slightly nervous, is this a totally reliable option? We will plan to use it both ways as we are flying in and out of PBI and cruising out of POM. Brightline is showing sold out for our dates although I will continue to check to see if this changes. We are flying in too late to purchase TriRail tickets at a kiosk the night before we need to ride so will have to do that the morning we need to ride, a Saturday. Does TriRail fill up where we should plan to take an earlier train than we would like, just to make sure we get seats? There will be four of us and at least four suitcases...

Also, my husband was wondering if it is easier to get off a stop or two before we get to MIA and Uber from there to avoid the airport congestion?

Thanks for sharing your experiences using TriRail.

We have decided to use TriRail from PBI to MIA due to the crazy high rental car rates for December (holiday time). I'm slightly nervous, is this a totally reliable option? We will plan to use it both ways as we are flying in and out of PBI and cruising out of POM. Brightline is showing sold out for our dates although I will continue to check to see if this changes. We are flying in too late to purchase TriRail tickets at a kiosk the night before we need to ride so will have to do that the morning we need to ride, a Saturday. Does TriRail fill up where we should plan to take an earlier train than we would like, just to make sure we get seats? There will be four of us and at least four suitcases...

Also, my husband was wondering if it is easier to get off a stop or two before we get to MIA and Uber from there to avoid the airport congestion?

Thanks for sharing your experiences using TriRail.

TriRail will definitely not be full on a Saturday. You can buy tickets that morning....credit card machines readily dispense tickets. There is a free shuttle from PBI to the TriRail station.

I suggest you take the TriRail all the way to MIA...the end terminal is new and transportation to POM will be easy to get. I do not suggest leaving TriRail before MIA because those stops are in less than great neighborhoods.

TriRail will definitely not be full on a Saturday.

OP - make sure you take into account that Tri-Rail only operates hourly on the weekend. To Miami shouldn't be an issue since you will already be in West Palm Beach. That hourly schedule could be more problematic disembarking and returning to PBI post cruise. Make sure you have plenty of time to disembark and get to PBI in case you should just miss a train.

Don't worry about TriRail, trains are clean and reliable.

You won't have any problem getting tickets on a Saturday morning.

The ride from Miami Airport to Port Miami won't be an issue, you can either use shuttle, taxi or Uber/Lyft.