Kiel to Kiel to Kiel?

Toofarfromthesea

I'm confused and hope someone can explain this to me. I'm looking at an April 27 sailing out of Kiel doing the Baltic in 7 days on Meraviglia. But there is also a 14 day cruise on the same ship, same departure date which has the first cruise as it's first leg, but adds a second leg, back out from Kiel to the fjords and then back to Kiel.

I'm interested in the 14 day version. But what happens in Kiel at the end of the first leg? Presumably some passengers get off, but do others get on for just the second leg? Because I don't see the 2nd leg listed as a separate cruise. It would make sense if you could book leg1, leg2, or combined, but only leg1 and combined show up as cruises on the MSC website and elsewhere.

Can anyone make sense of this?

I'm confused and hope someone can explain this to me. I'm looking at an April 27 sailing out of Kiel doing the Baltic in 7 days on Meraviglia. But there is also a 14 day cruise on the same ship, same departure date which has the first cruise as it's first leg, but adds a second leg, back out from Kiel to the fjords and then back to Kiel.

I'm interested in the 14 day version. But what happens in Kiel at the end of the first leg? Presumably some passengers get off, but do others get on for just the second leg? Because I don't see the 2nd leg listed as a separate cruise. It would make sense if you could book leg1, leg2, or combined, but only leg1 and combined show up as cruises on the MSC website and elsewhere.

Can anyone make sense of this?

We are doing something similar on Preziosa in August September 2018. I think the Fjords leg is probably the most popular so they may advertise the 14 days first so that those passengers don't have to change cabins halfway and get the opportunity to book right through. It was difficult for us to get just one cabin for our cruise. MSC embark and disembark at different ports so ours is from Copenhagen but other people insist it is from Kiel! You'll probably find the same cruise in MSC's advertising marketed from different embarkation ports.

We do a further 9 days from Copenhagen to Barcelona but part of it is advertised as Southampton to Genoa for 7 days!

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk