Starboard? Or Portside?

melika091900

we are traveling on the NCL star soon... 3 weeks to be exact whoo hooo

we are booked on the port side of the ship I just realized....

which is better port? or starboard?

and why?

thanks ....

i know all of you nice cruise critic people can help :D

You spend two days going south. The port side faces the land (if you can see it). I have not been to Manzanillo, so I cannot provide any info on that port. If you dock in PV, you will dock with the port side facing the port. You can dock with either side facing the port in Mazatlan. There is no dock in Cabo. The famous rock formation will be on the port side. You then spend one day going north. The Starboard side will face the land (if you can see it).

I guess it would depend on what you expect to see. You aren't close enough to land to really see anything going or coming back. You get the sunrises going and the sunsets coming back. Both are good!

We were on the port side of the Star on our 12/10 cruise. We were on the dock side in Manzanillo, we weren't docked at Puerto Vallarta, in Mazatlan we were on the dock side then too. And we weren't docked in Cabo. Can't remember what we saw when we weren't docked. I don't think we saw the arch though in Cabo. I think our balcony faced the other view.

To me any view is good. We have always enjoyed watching people come back when our balconies are on the dock side. Especially those running for the ship!

I guess it would depend on what you expect to see. You aren't close enough to land to really see anything going or coming back. You get the sunrises going and the sunsets coming back. Both are good!

We were on the port side of the Star on our 12/10 cruise. We were on the dock side in Manzanillo, we weren't docked at Puerto Vallarta, in Mazatlan we were on the dock side then too. And we weren't docked in Cabo. Can't remember what we saw when we weren't docked. I don't think we saw the arch though in Cabo. I think our balcony faced the other view.

To me any view is good. We have always enjoyed watching people come back when our balconies are on the dock side. Especially those running for the ship!

thats what im looking forward to,,watching the people who have drank alot :D thats always amusing......

thanks for the info....

thats what im looking forward to,,watching the people who have drank alot :D thats always amusing......

thanks for the info....

Speaking of that, on our Jewel cruise in December in St.Johns Antigua, we saw 2 "older" women having to be drug back to the ship they were so drunk. And I mean OLDER. It was so bad it was not even funny. That's a warning to people who go on excursions that offer drinks, be careful how much you drink in that hot sun or a good number of your shipmates will see you in a very "embarassing" state. Thank goodness it seemed to be family members dragging them back and not some strangers who may have taken advantage. :eek:

Speaking of that, on our Jewel cruise in December in St.Johns Antigua, we saw 2 "older" women having to be drug back to the ship they were so drunk. And I mean OLDER. It was so bad it was not even funny. That's a warning to people who go on excursions that offer drinks, be careful how much you drink in that hot sun or a good number of your shipmates will see you in a very "embarassing" state. Thank goodness it seemed to be family members dragging them back and not some strangers who may have taken advantage. :eek:

we saw that on are last cruise, and this woman ,, older,, was with her husband and some friends , and she kept hugging every man in line to get back on the ship.. you could tell her husband was pissed... im glad i dont drink...

hahahaha

Archived