Newer Ships: Noise from Connecting Rooms?

jhannah

On 6/10/2018 at 2:09 PM, jhannah said:

Past threads have discussed noise coming from a connecting cabin. Some folks say, "Never again," while others say they heard nothing more from next door than they did from the hall.

I'm wondering if the newer ships have been better designed to handle sound from next door coming from the space between the stateroom doors.. Can anyone who has sailed a newer ship lately in a connecting room shed any light on this? Would appreciate the input.

I had a connecting cabin once and it was absolutely horrendous on one of the newer ships. Never ever ever ever again will I have that. I had unwilling teenagers whose parents and grandparents. They need it privacy and would cuss and constantly bang on the door and trying viciously trying to get through the door and open it. I have security up there the entire length of the cruise, as each time they would knock on the door of the teenagers with run to the balcony and pretend that they weren't in the room. Nightmare of a situation.