Touring before cruise - what to do with purchased alcohol?

littleengine

Hi! My husband and I will be heading to Southampton on Saturday to catch a cruise to Norway on the NCL Jade. We are currently in Scotland (for a week) and have, of course, picked up some souvenirs.... including some scotch and gin. I know we can’t take it on board with us but I’m unsure of the best way to “flag” it. Do we try to take it through as carry on and let them take it at security, or should we put it in our checked bags and let them call us down to the naughty room? We’re not trying to sneak it on to drink (have UBP), just want the easiest way for them to get it to store it for us and return it at the end of the cruise like they do with stuff you buy on shore or in duty free.

We bought several liquor bottles in Denmark and put them into a small 6 bottle box along with some jars, bits and pieces. We put the box into one of the carry-on wheelies, and once it went thru the X-Ray at the terminal, it got flagged and we just gave them the whole box with cabin number on it, and they sealed the whole box and kept it in hold until end of cruise.

If you're thinking about taking a box, keep it unsealed so they can check the contents before sealing it.

security has always been great about alcohol that we asked for storage (hubby collects, we have dealt with it on several ships).

To get through security faster, we always have the alcohol in a separate bag, show it to the first guard at the X-ray machine & ask where to take it for it to be checked

Thanks! The bottles we have are smaller (only allowed to bring back 1.14L duty free) so we went with variety over larger size. I do already have it separated so it sounds like it would be easy (and faster) through security.