I'm on the Preziosa, if you have questions...

Reismicrobe

Hello,

Embarking and disembarking in Stockholm and Tallinn went very smoothly. For Saint-Petersburg you have to calculate a waiting time of one hour and a half. It was a real hassle to get all the people through customs. Nothing to blame MSC about.

Kiel in Germany was a disaster. It took us more than an hour to get off the ship. There was only one line for transit guests and disembarkation guests. The organization was poor.

When we got back in the terminal, we had to wait outside for a bus (!) to take us back to ship (20 meters further away). Apparently a security thing...

When you take an organized tour (not MSC) you can get off as soon as those who booked an MSC excursion. You don't have to wait.

Food is nice, most of the times hot enough, but not wauw. But we are real foodies so that's very personal. The buffet was very crowded at breakfast and lunch.

Most of the people were German and Spanish. Fewer Italians than I'm used to. Most of the time they were all very nice and friendly, not rude at all. The main language on board was English because that was the common language for most of them.

I

My overall experience is very good. The ship is beautiful and spotlessly clean. The staff is very friendly.

Many thanks Els, this is much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Best wishes.

Hello,

We were on schedule this morning in Kiel.

Disembarkation time depends on the experience you booked. Aurea experience gets off first. The last group to disembark today was at about 12:30 p.m.

If you have an early flight to catch you can go to the guest services and ask for an early disembarkation time. That's no problem. You can also take your luggage down your self. Then you don't have to wait...

Disembarkation wasn't very smooth this morning. Everyone had to go through customs. There was a delay and there was a bit of a chaos. They don't offer private transfer to Hamburg, there is only an excursion that ends at the airport. But not suitable for your time, unfortunately. There were a lot of taxis waiting outside, the drivers were shouting "airport" so I presume you could do this. They probably offer fixed prices to the airport. I would have asked them, but due to very strict security rules, I could not reach them. Sorry.

Els

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Cheers,

Consulate

Hallo Ann,

I took a picture of all the beers available, but I still have to figure out how I can post it here. Unfortunately only the Heineken is included in the all-inclusive package. For the other beers you have to pay extra. Even in the sports bar there was only Heineken on draugt. By the way, I totally agree about the Heineken not being an option :'):'):')

Food is definitely nice, but not really gastronomic. Like a good bistro in Belgium, if you know what I mean.

The service in the restaurant is very very good. They really go above and beyond.

Groetjes Els

Hey Els,

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

As we'll be sailing in Yacht Club I'm hoping that other beers will be included in the drinks package we have.

I hope you had a great time.

Ann

Hey Els,

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

As we'll be sailing in Yacht Club I'm hoping that other beers will be included in the drinks package we have.

I hope you had a great time.

Ann

All bottled beers will be included - you'll have the deluxe drinks package as a YC guest. ;) You can ask your butler to just stock the brand you'd prefer in your mini-bar. (There's usually one bottle of Becks and one of Heineken supplied).

• Like 1

All bottled beers will be included - you'll have the deluxe drinks package as a YC guest. ;) You can ask your butler to just stock the brand you'd prefer in your mini-bar. (There's usually one bottle of Becks and one of Heineken supplied).

Thanks Bea ;)

Thank you for great information. We will be on a Baltic cruise in August, although not on Preziosa. You have said to allow an hour and a half for disembarking in St Petersburg , does this include waiting on the ship? Were the MSC excursion passengers of first? There were many delays at Russian immigration last year but all reports are saying it is 30 -40 minutes this year but ship excursion passengers go first and there is waiting if you are going ook an independent tour, which we are.

What time were you able to board in Copenhagen ?

Hi,

We had to be in the green sax bar at 08:00 a.m. for our excursion to Saint-Petersburg. At 8:20 we were in the hall to go through customs. At 9:50 we were able to board the bus. It was really very busy.

In Copenhagen we were on board at 11:45 a.m.

Els

Thank you for offering to answer questions!

Do you have any kids? Can you give me any more info about programming for them? One of mine is specifically interested in the "Lego Days" mentioned on the website and the other wants to know about when the cooking classes (for 4 yr olds) are held.

In terms of the St. Petersburg immigration delays, is it necessary that one anticipate the delays and get in line early? We've booked a half day tour scheduled to start at 10. Since the ship is due to dock at 7, we thought that would be enough time to be more relaxed about our exit. Does this sound accurate or do we need to get in line early?

Which ports have MSC shuttles included to take you into town or to main transit hubs? And, are they bus-like or van-like shuttles?

Thanks so much for your help! I hope you're having a great time.

Hello,

My daughter is already 17, so she went to the teens club. Sorry, I don't have any information for younger kids.

About St-Petersburg, you could sent one person to get in line. A lot of people were doing it that way. When your excursion is planned to start at 10:00, then the lines should already be more doable.

In Stockholm, Tallinn and Kiel there was a shuttle to take you into the city center. They were bus-like.

Els

Hei Els,

thanks for all the information!

Do you happen to remember the prices for the shuttles ?

Thanks again!

Stockholm shuttle was €13,70. For Tallinn it was €8,30 (I think).Tickets are on your bed the night before. If you want to use them, you bring them in the morning to the shuttle.

Els

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cruisers,

We are to cruise on the Preziosa in late August to Northern Europe (from Copenhagen) calling at Stockholm, Tallinn, St Petersburg and Kiel.

Can someone please help with the following questions:

Earliest time we can board/embark the ship in Copenhagen?

Any guidance on the best excursions for these ports?

Is it cheaper to book on board the ship or in advance? (is the price quoted in GBP (£) and Euro the same, i.e without exchange rate conversion?)

Any other tips on making this a memorable cruise will be appreciated.

Thank you