86 days until 9/16/18 Pearl sailing... roll call is crickets

Shellbelle28

Hey all.

I have noticed this too compared to our 2015 sailing in Europe there are far fewer people posting asking questions and trying to join together for groups. It is sad too because having that group was very fun. I checked that other site and did not see any sign of them there.

As a person who does a lot of research on trip , ok I admit it I am a Cruise Prepper, it is surprising to me, even from the standpoint of the costs. So many tour operators charge so much less for a full van!

We do have a few really nice people, and I am hoping for more. All I can do is share in the topic, and hope some lurkers come of of hiding and start posting. I know it took me a awhile to get brave enough to ask questions. I still have a long time, but this new trend is puzzling to me too.

What a shame! I have never seen the controversial discussions within roll calls and have had great groups in 8 cruises. Our next one is the Breakaway repositioning and we have 200 people represented in our roll call and another 200 with very little overlap on another place-which-must-not-be-named. You are kind of sunk if people have checked out and aren't even looking. But be a conversation started. For example

Here's my port plans - what's everyone else doing?

What specialty restaurants have people chosen?

WHo are the NCL first timers? What questions do you have?

WHo are first time to this ship? What questions do you have?

Good luck... and make friends onboard if you have to!

I'm the original poster of this thread. My cruise is now less than 30 days to sailing, and there has been a little activity on the roll call now. We've got a meet & mingle organized with 23 attendees (not many by European and transatlantic cruise standards, but about what it was on the last Alaska cruise I did). Friendly people, but not tons of chatter. To tell the truth, I think the structure of Cruise Critic confuses users who've only experienced the Facebook era.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

I'm the original poster of this thread. My cruise is now less than 30 days to sailing, and there has been a little activity on the roll call now. We've got a meet & mingle organized with 23 attendees (not many by European and transatlantic cruise standards, but about what it was on the last Alaska cruise I did). Friendly people, but not tons of chatter. To tell the truth, I think the structure of Cruise Critic confuses users who've only experienced the Facebook era.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

I'd consider that a success!