Anyone been on the Visions lately

robinm

Just got married on the Vision!

The staff was "as usual" for an RCCL staff: IMO they were friendly, helpfull, courteous, personable, and do their job great!

We had a balcony room and it was L-A-R-G-E. I think I looked it up when we got back and it was close to 200 sq feet and we are used to 170 sq ft balconies (Serenade)

Drawback is that the Windjammer is forward on the ship - makes for a lot of rocking while you eat (not good for the tummy)

The food was great most of the time and good the other parts of the time (no complaints here)

We probably wont cruise the Vision again, but that is because it does Mexico and we are 'over' the ports of call RCCL offers for Mexico.

BUT

if the itinerary changed we would book Mexico again on the Vision in a heartbeat.

You are going to have a great time!!!

I was on the Vision in late April of 05. I agree about the comments about the Windjammer and the rocking... OH MY DID IT ROCK! I don't get sea sick and I had a hard time in the Windjammer some days. (Not every day). I was on deck 3 in an ocean view and it was bigger than I thought it would be. (Much bigger than the regular ocean view cabin on the Majesty). I loved the indoor solarium pool on the cooler sea days. It was a nice ship. If you want to see pictures you can view them on my family website http://www.ryansheart.com and look under "2005 April Cruise".

We were on Vision 12/18, and were very pleased with the condition of the ship. They were constantly working on it, even with it going into dry dock. They replaced the decorative carpet going into the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge during our cruise. They were doing a lot of electrical work, so a lot of the ceiling panels on our level (3) were down, showing the wiring. Looked a little tacky, but it didn't bother us other than when we had to wend our way around the workers! The staff is excellent, as everyone says - unfailingly polite. That was one comment that our first-time-cruise friends mentioned was the friendliness of the staff. The cabin was about what we'd expected - our first time in a non-balcony, and the room was fine - no visible wear and tear at all. Let me know if you have any questions!

I forgot to mention our headwaiter Eric. By far the best that we have ever had - we even gave him an extra tip (which we don't do very often - we stiffed a headwaiter one cruise!). He went out of his way to entertain our table of 7 teenage girls, while still paying attention to our table with 10 adults. I also saw him working all of his other tables just as much - I was very impressed! By contrast, our waiters were acceptable - not great, but certainly not poor by any means.

On the Mexico run is the Vision a "late night" ship??? Does the disco stay open past midnight-1am???

We definately arent party people but once a cruise we tend to stay up and have a dance.

Just curious.:)

Archived