Are Mermaid Tails Allowed in Pools?

PrimeEagle

Specifically asking for the Carnival Freedom, but are kids allowed to wear mermaid tails in the pools? I'm referring to the type shown here. Some pools seem to allow them, while others don't, and my daughter is extremely excited to get to use hers. Does anyone know if it'll be a problem?

I have never seen any in the carnival pools (or any pool for that matter), but I recently saw some videos of near drownings by kids wearing them.

I had never even heard of those before, but immediately thought they looked like a hinderance to safe swimming.

Also as some have stated, there really is not enough room to "swim" I the pools on board...more like jump and splash around.

Me too. I've actually considered getting one to do laps with in our HOA pool because I know you're forced to use your abs more with monofins/mermaid tails and I'd end up with killer abs (I hope. LOL.)
You could save your money and just tie your ankles together.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My daughter will be bringing hers. She is a strong swimmer, and practiced with the mono fin, before adding the tail. She's practiced quick kick off with her tail and fin as well. I have no concerns when she is wearing it.

I'm trying to visualize how this could happen? The chances would be the same as the chances of stepping on or tripping over a person's legs/feet.

Because feet feel like feet, and when you step on them, you tend to get off pretty quick.

Mermaid tails are not only big and wide, but they can feel like the bottom of the pool/ ocean; pretty easy for someone to have no idea they are standing on it.

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think those tails should be allowed in water at all(save for professional mermaid shows). They are VERY dangerous. I'm a great swimmer, but wouldn't even consider entering water with my legs pretty much useless.