Carnival Magic Review- The Whole Story......

4jaynki

So, we just got off the Magic today, and I *never* saw the continental breakfast door hanger/menu. I thought maybe it was gone for good or something now? We've never done it and usually go to the dining room anyway, but I agree it's a nice perk for port mornings or if you want something small when you wake up.

Loving the rest of the review so far, it's kind of like reliving my own cruise!

The hanger, for us on deck 1, was on the wall hanger by the TV.

The hanger, for us on deck 1, was on the wall hanger by the TV.

Hmm... I don't remember even seeing a wall hanger by our TV. There were two hangers near the door, and one had the "Snoozin" (Do Not Disturb) sign. I figured the other would be for the room service menu. Maybe someone used it in the last cruise and the steward just never replaced it, who knows? Glad to know it's still around!

Amber Cove, DR

So originally we were not planning on leaving the ship in the DR, however since we did not go to St. Thomas and our pre-booked shore excursion was credited back to us we decided to participate in a shore excursion here. We choose Zip Lining at Country World, cost $79.99 per adult. With the Carnival booked excursion we all meet in the Northern Lights dining room at 830 and proceeded off the ship. We meet up with our drivers, and after a fairly short wait we proceed to the open air bus to take us to the site which was only about 10 minutes away. There was 8 separate zip lines through the countryside of the DR. It was hot and there was some walking involved to get from one line to the next but overall we all had a great time. We proceeded back to the port and decided we were worn out and wanted lunch and a nap so we just proceeded back on the ship. On the way back in we stopped in the Duty Free to purchase Crown, two 1 liter for $31.00...just cant match that anywhere in the states. Back on board we ate Guys Burgers (it must be said I gained most of my cruise weight on their fries...yum). Toke a much needed nap and then just prior to pulling away I walked the top deck to look at the port and settle in an read before dinner. I must say that from what I could see there looked to be quite a bit to do right there at the port and it was pretty and clean.

That evening we proceed to dinner, with no wait. Finally we are seated in head waiter Juan's section! He introduced himself and made sure he knew who each of us was at the table. While he was of course busy he chitchatted and made food recommendations. The experience was wonderful....and we finally had someone to TIP!!! At the end of dinner we ensured he knew we would see him tomorrow. Before departing he let us know that he does the seated breakfast in Southern Lights in the mornings as well (we will definitely keep that in mind for the next sea day).

Spent our evening gambling as usually, we always have a good time at the Blackjack table, we don't play slots (sorry I just don't find it to be enjoyable).

Adult Drinking

I had 2 Pina Colada's and 2 Corona and the husband had 4 Long Island's....$64 .67. Running Total:$343.80

teknoge3k

I am little computer challenged, can you help me understand what you mean by putting a direct link?

When you put the URL to your file, rather than putting http://www.whatever.com/directory/blah you need to use http://www.whatever.com/directory/file.jpg (or png, or gif, or whatever the file extension is)

That's a direct link to the file.

This sign just cracks me up!

file.jpg

My boys

file.jpg

Fort San Cristobal

file.jpg

Old San Juan, Raices Fountain and the start of the walking path to the rear of Fort San Cristobel

file.jpg

Fort San Cristobal

file.jpg

I would have immediately called Guest Services to find out when Carnival changed their policy. Their answer would have been they haven't and then I would have Michael speak to them so they can straighten him out.

It's not a policy. Our steward told us some people are early risers and want their room cleaned while they are at breakfast or morning activities. Others want to sleep in and Have it cleaned in the afternoon. We chose morning cleaning and it was always done while we were at breakfast. But he also came in at night and swapped towels, and turned down the beds

• 1 month later...

To try and clear up the steward service issue, carnival did change their policy a few years ago to give guests a choice of when they wished to have service. Stewards are supposed to give the guest the card to fill out themselves which displays the three options 'AM' 'PM' 'Both'. Some stewards orally ask the question rather than hand out the card and frequently miss out the 'Both' option hoping to lighten their workload. In summary there is a policy but it is implemented differently by different crew on different ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums