Carnival Magic Review- The Whole Story......

4jaynki

Carnival has NOT changed their policy, it's morning AND evening service. Individual stewards try to get over on newer cruisers that don't know any better.

Yes and no. The policy has changed in that they now ask if you want morning, evening or both. No in that you can still have both morning and evening service. This is not a trick by stewards, if it were, why would there be cards for cruisers to check what they want?

My wife and I have personally seen our own steward only offer morning or evening, no card. Two years ago John Heard assured everyone that the forms were changed to include both on them. Still not the case.

In my case on the Valor 2 years ago, was given a card and on the Conquest last year was simply asked. It could be that the stewards only need to ask, I do not know. I just know that this is what has happened for me.

I just got off the Dream a few weeks ago and the cards read "Morning, evening or both." That has been the way it has been for my last four cruises. The policy did officially change, so please don't impugn the reputation of the room stewards. Anyone implying that they don't work hard enough has not a clue what they are talking about.

Same last week on the Magic. Not asked and serviced twice a day.

Everyone has different experiences with different stewards on same or different ships. Our steward last week on the Magic greeted cruisers on the hallway upon arrival, he kept the cards on a small clip board that he held on to and he asked morning or evening, he didn’t offer both as an option. Nor were we given the option to complete the card ourselves. No one person is going to have the same experience, as these boards clearly point out.

Personally I don’t care when the room is serviced, I only sleep and dress there.

I know I'm late to this thread, but I just need to know why so many of you are so concerned about having your rooms vacuumed/beds made twice a day. I mean, what exactly are you doing in your rooms that would require so much upkeep? Personaly, I would be okay if they never cleaned my room all week. It's not like Im trashing the room every day. And, barring any unforeseen disaster, I can pick up after myself. Why would you require that housekeeping clean your room two times per day? Is this what you do at home? I'm geniunely curious why this matters to so many of you.

I know I'm late to this thread, but I just need to know why so many of you are so concerned about having your rooms vacuumed/beds made twice a day. I mean, what exactly are you doing in your rooms that would require so much upkeep? Personaly, I would be okay if they never cleaned my room all week. It's not like Im trashing the room every day. And, barring any unforeseen disaster, I can pick up after myself. Why would you require that housekeeping clean your room two times per day? Is this what you do at home? I'm geniunely curious why this matters to so many of you.

When I wake up in the morning I shower, throw the towels and washcloths on the floor, my ice has all melted, I have dirty glasses, etc. so I would like the room cleaned and restocked. Likewise around 7pm after I have gotten back froma sweaty port day and showered again and thrown towels/washcloths on the floor and my ice has all melted again I would like the room cleaned/restocked. I don't think this is asking too much.

When I wake up in the morning I shower, throw the towels and washcloths on the floor, my ice has all melted, I have dirty glasses, etc. so I would like the room cleaned and restocked. Likewise around 7pm after I have gotten back froma sweaty port day and showered again and thrown towels/washcloths on the floor and my ice has all melted again I would like the room cleaned/restocked. I don't think this is asking too much.

Do you use a fresh towel after each shower when you are at home?

Please don't hi-jack a thread for your curiosity. Start another thread if you just have to know other people's preference.

I made sure everything was loaded correctly on Flickr and the photos are still not showing up in the posts.....I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am using the insert image icon and then copy and pasting the URL from Flickr. Any ideas??!!

In the meantime I will continue with Amber Cove, just as soon as i am done eating pizza :p.

I think I have already posted this, not quite sure though, but I personally do not care one way or the other, but I can certainly understand when people go on vacation they want to be pampered.....its what we pay for.

I made sure everything was loaded correctly on Flickr and the photos are still not showing up in the posts.....I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am using the insert image icon and then copy and pasting the URL from Flickr. Any ideas??!!

In the meantime I will continue with Amber Cove, just as soon as i am done eating pizza :p.

You didn't post a direct link to the picture. The link needs to end in the pictures file extension.

The boys patientlywaiting for us to board

41305629530_cbc65dc3da_k.jpg

Fathers Day ElegantNight.....let the wait begin

43117134801_ccd9fc170e_k.jpg

Me and my little (notso little) guy

41305627230_d9a1e1005f_k.jpg

Husband teaching ouroldest the art of Blackjack......lets just say he did not have beginners luck

29244964978_d5dfa6e944_k.jpg

On port days we decided to go with the continental breakfast delivered to the stateroom, the boys had cereal and my husband and I had bagels an OJ.

So, we just got off the Magic today, and I *never* saw the continental breakfast door hanger/menu. I thought maybe it was gone for good or something now? We've never done it and usually go to the dining room anyway, but I agree it's a nice perk for port mornings or if you want something small when you wake up.

Loving the rest of the review so far, it's kind of like reliving my own cruise!