Is there really any difference in these 4 types of bookings through Carnival site?

Buddysmom10

EARLY SAVER

• Price Protection
  • Choose your room location
  • Great Vacation Guarantee

EARLY SAVER EXCLUSIVE VIFP CLUB MEMBER OFFER

• Up to $50 per room to spend onboard
  • Half off your deposit
  • Free room location upgrade
  • Price Protection
  • Hurry! Sale ends soon

PAST GUEST OFFER WITH 2-CATEGORY UPGRADE

• 2 Category Upgrade
  • Great Vacation GuaranteeSUMMER SPLASH SALE
    • Sale ends June 30, 2018

[*]It's a Journeys cruise, 14+ days and the price difference between the three is only $40 for the entire cruise, not per day. I did not go further yet so I don't know if the rooms offered would be the same. Is there really any difference in these or which would you choose? Maybe the early saver club member. It says "up to $50" but since we are looking at an inside, it's probably about $5.00!

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand your question, since the differences are stated right there in what you pasted. If you're asking if the prices are different, then yes. If I'm missing something, please let me know and I'll try to answer your question better.

edit. Sorry, I see your question at the bottom now. The text was so small I thought it was the "fine print" part of pasted material.

Edited by Towel Critter

The second option is giving you onboard credit, which you are probably buying by paying a slightly higher price.

Early Saver is giving you price protection, which means if the price goes down you can get credited for the difference.

The third one is giving you an automatic two category upgrade.

Those are the difference I see. No, there isn't a huge difference in price.

EARLY SAVER

• Price Protection

• Half off your deposit
  • Price Protection
  • Hurry! Sale ends soon

• 2 Category Upgrade

[*]It's a Journeys cruise, 14+ days and the price difference between the three is only $40 for the entire cruise, not per day. I did not go further yet so I don't know if the rooms offered would be the same. Is there really any difference in these or which would you choose? Maybe the early saver club member. It says "up to $50" but since we are looking at an inside, it's probably about $5.00!

Thanks!

Both early saver fares have many more restrictions than the past guest offer. Reading the fine print in what you posted, the past guest offer is only for a Journeys cruise, so that is pretty limiting in the sail dates/ships offered under the offer. The early saver rates are non-refundable from moment of booking, and also name changes are not allowed. Change fees apply. Early saver allows price-matching after final payment due date where past guest rates do not. That's beyond the obvious details stated. Early saver can usually save you money if you can live with more restrictions. If you're certain you will cruise as the booking states without making changes, it is usually a good deal. If any thing changes in your situation though, early saver is not friendly.

early saver has a 50 dollar fee if you need to cancel or make any booking changes. this fare type is usually non refundable.

past guest offer is 1000% refundable and there is no fees to make any booking changes

It was the upgrade (2 category versus 1).

I can't imagine that either of these "upgrades" are much of anything, is that correct?

I've always chosen my room location but I'm aware that at the last minute that sometimes the cruise line assigns it. This cruise is over a year away.

It was just four different types of "deals" (I think only three showed up here) with such a tiny difference in cost.

I checked and the one with the $50 per room OBC would apply to ours as it is a longer cruise. Plus it is half off the deposit so that sounds like the better "deal."

We have 2 cruises booked and both gave us 50 OBC from Carnival as past guests on inside cabins . We have additional OBC for the second cruise from the travel agent who put our cruise together . We have 40 people going on that one and if we gave our deposit a year in advance we got an extra 100 per cabin

EARLY SAVER

• Price Protection

• Half off your deposit
  • Price Protection
  • Hurry! Sale ends soon

• 2 Category Upgrade

Thanks!

Book past guest that way you can cancel and get your $$$ back.

It was the upgrade (2 category versus 1).

I can't imagine that either of these "upgrades" are much of anything, is that correct?

I've always chosen my room location but I'm aware that at the last minute that sometimes the cruise line assigns it. This cruise is over a year away.

It was just four different types of "deals" (I think only three showed up here) with such a tiny difference in cost.

I checked and the one with the $50 per room OBC would apply to ours as it is a longer cruise. Plus it is half off the deposit so that sounds like the better "deal."

As far as the upgrades - to me it is hard to figure out exactly what the upgrade is. Some catagories - like a cove balcony, are the same price no matter where on the deck they are located