What happened on Epic June 23 leaving Majorca returning to pier with police boarding?

whisker2193

We left the pier and there was a medical emergency called with ten minutes. We held our position about 400 yards from the pier then it was announced we were returning to the dock at Majorca for a medical emergency. Ambulance came along with police. Ambulance personnel boarded and returned to ambulance without a patient. More police came and we didn’t leave the port for hours. Scary to think what may have happened. While we are sure someone’s cruise was badly impacted we said prayers for all involved.

A 42 year old woman had a heart attack.

She was alive when medics were called but passed away just before they arrived.

The ship was just pulling out and had to re-dock.

The reason the ambulance personal left without a patient was she had died. The ship had to wait for police to investigate the scene before the body could be moved off. We ended up leaving over 4 hours late but did get to Barcelona only 2 hours late.

It was kind of scary having emergency medical evacs called on back to back days. My thoughts and prayers are with both family and I hope the lady with the broken leg is okay.

I just disembarked the Epic today.

On to Paris and will post full trip report when I am home.

Thanks for the update. How do you know about this? There were so many rumors flying around that night, that's why I'm asking how you know. It's so sad...so young.

The lady with the broken leg is safely back with the UK NHS - our true heroes and the family.

It is sad for a 42 year old to pass away very sad indeed and we offers our prayers for her and the family.