Theater reservations??

FLBeachwalker

Hi - I just read on posted Dailies for the Meraviglia Norway fjords cruise that reservations should be made for the shows. I have not seen this before on MSC. Is this the norm now fleet wide? We leave next week and this surprised me. Also we received as part of our booking perks entrance to the Cirque show on embarkation night. Reservations or first come first seated? Thank you for any info provided.

Happy Sailing!

Hi - I just read on posted Dailies for the Meraviglia Norway fjords cruise that reservations should be made for the shows. I have not seen this before on MSC. Is this the norm now fleet wide? We leave next week and this surprised me. Also we received as part of our booking perks entrance to the Cirque show on embarkation night. Reservations or first come first seated? Thank you for any info provided.

Happy Sailing!

On the newer ships they are required because they made the theater too small.

Thank you Riclop. When can you make these reservations - the same day or do you need to book in advance - or just wait and see if there are seats available? NCL does this and I never liked it - too much organizing instead of relaxing :(

My son and his family were on Mergavilia at Easter and they downloaded the MSC Me app which enabled them to book theatre times and lots of other things. Think this app is being introduced on several MSC ships now - one disadvantage of the big ships now I feel.

Good luck with your plans

Suron (Bristol UK)

Thank you Riclop. When can you make these reservations - the same day or do you need to book in advance - or just wait and see if there are seats available? NCL does this and I never liked it - too much organizing instead of relaxing :(

If you don't pre-book a place in the theatre (they scan your cruise card to ensure you have pre-booked a place) you may be able to gain entry in the last 5 minutes pre-show when they open access to all-comers.

They allow pre-booking from the point you board to show time. You can use your TV in the cabin or a wrist band at an info point

hope this is as clear as mud

Pete

No. Only three shows. The showtimes were 6:30, 8:00, and 9:15. 10:15 or 10:30 was for BeerProv.

Thanks.

Since the shows are only 30 minutes or so, we can count on being out around 10 pm or so, right?

No. Only three shows. The showtimes were 6:30, 8:00, and 9:15. 10:15 or 10:30 was for BeerProv.

???:confused:

What I meant by "out" at 10 was out of the theater and able to go elsewhere.:)

My bad! Thought you were asking about a next show! New glasses!:eek:

Yes, the show is only 30 minutes and the CD typically only takes a few minutes to start the show. My DW was at her slot machine by 10:00 each night!

Sorry about my confusion!