change in cruise critic mtg place - volendam 1/22

michmike

Thought I'd post this here as well as on the roll call board in hopes that all involved will see it in one spot or the other.

The location for the get together for those of us on Volendam sailing on 1/22 has been changed. We are now up to 28 or 30 possible attendees and I'm concerned that the Dolphin Bar will be too congested with a group that size. So let's plan to meet in the Crow's Nest instead. Same time and place (mon 1/23 at 2 pm).

See you then!!

Thought I'd post this here as well as on the roll call board in hopes that all involved will see it in one spot or the other.

The location for the get together for those of us on Volendam sailing on 1/22 has been changed. We are now up to 28 or 30 possible attendees and I'm concerned that the Dolphin Bar will be too congested with a group that size. So let's plan to meet in the Crow's Nest instead. Same time and place (mon 1/23 at 2 pm).

See you then!!

Thanks for posting here, Mike. It's probably less likely I'll be there now. It's a sea day and I'm a sunlover from cold and wintry Boston. I don't think I'll want to lose the whole afternoon of sun. I know for sure DH won't want to be inside on a bright, sunny day. By the time we eat our lunch in Lido, go back to the cabin to shower and change from being at the pool in the morning, I don't think I'll be able to drag myself to spend the afternoon inside.

When it was to be at Dolphin Bar, it was great we could put on our beach covers, leave Aft Pool and meet the group for a drink. No showers and changing required.

If it's a cloudy or rainy day, that's a different story.

May the voice of experience offer two pieces of advice?

First, in this case, why not ask the Food and Beverage Manager to place a sign at the Dolphin Bar to re-direct people to the Crow's Nest? I needed to re-locate a CC gathering once, and this was done. It worked well.

Second, in general, it's a good idea for the CC'er organizing the get-together to have a list of names/cabin numbers. Makes it easy to call everyone once aboard. Last summer that came in handy for me.

Sail - one of the other couples responded on the roll call post that they also preferred to keep things as they were, and we are certainly flexible.

SO - the meeting place is back to being the Dolphin Bar at 2 on Monday.

Looking forward to seeing you then. Mike

Mike .....that is Great. Thank you.

LoveLife and I will very much look forward to meeting everyone. See you at Dolphin Bar.

Our countdown is getting shorter and shorter and our eagerness to go is growing in proportionate share. :)

Mike ...

I haven't been on the board at all lately, so I am just now seeing this thread.

I wholeheartedly agree with Sail7Seas! The last place I want to be on a nice sea day is in the Crows Nest. That is the main reason why I usually don't participate in CC gatherings. I thought the Dolphin Bar was an excellent idea and worth trying.

Now that you relocated it back to the Dolphin Bar, I will definitely drop by and meet everyone. Looking forward to it!

I believe our countdown has begun! :)

Archived