Looking at Westerdam's 30-Day Far East Discovery, Taiwan & Japan Collector for 2020

canadarocks

Westerdam's 30 day January 2020 itinerary looks wonderful. We've never been to Asia, so I will have a million questions. First three:

1) When and what can we expect the next sale to be that will include Asia's January 2020 cruises?

2) Unfortunately both the double wide balconies are already booked. Any other recommendations for good balcony locations?

3) Port or starboard for an Asian cruise going from Singapore to Shanghai?

I am also interested in this cruise and have a few questions for experienced cruisers to Asia:

1. Is this a good choice for a first cruise to Asia?

2. Coming from Ontario Canada and finding long flights difficult to tolerate is there a suggested way to break up the trip with an overnight stop?

Thank you.

Fantastic cruise!

Really a good but intensive intro to Asia: cultural shock will set in after a week for the newbies. On a great ship. A bit of everything. I am impressed with the diversity of countries visited.

Japan and Taiwan, S Korea are winners.

A very long flight, Vancouver would work for a stop over (airport hotel is very nice).

Port side, I suppose but usually it makes no difference.

I would want time in Singapore and Shanghai (both worth 2 - 3 days).

Edited by SilvertoGold

I am also interested in this cruise and have a few questions for experienced cruisers to Asia:

1. Is this a good choice for a first cruise to Asia?

2. Coming from Ontario Canada and finding long flights difficult to tolerate is there a suggested way to break up the trip with an overnight stop?

Thank you.

I'm from Miami and have the same difficulty enduring long flights. Last Asia cruise out of Singapore, we flew to Amsterdam and spent 2 nights in this wonderful city then a non-stop 12 hour flight to Singapore. From Asia we flew to Los Angeles and then on to Miami the next day. Remember, flights heading west to east are generally shorter because of prevailing tail winds.