Our May 2019 Lirica cruise has been cancelled :(

glittergal1

Hello tonight I received an email to say our cruise has been cancelled , so annoyed as we had booked 3 nights in Venice before our cruise so all our plans are now spoilt . On the email there was NO telephone number to speak to anyone regarding what we can claim for. Does anyone have a telephone number of someone who will be able to help us?

they said this

Should you have incurred in any out of pocket expenses for travel arrangements made to join your cruise, MSC Cruises will refund such expenses on proof of cancellation invoice.

obviously we booked flights and stay pre cruise , so to re book our return flights to come home early its going to cost us more . we need to know these will be covered , would a return flight come under the "to join your cruise" ???

We would still like to fly out as planned and have our 3 night Venice stay (non refundable apartment) but fly home early

Hi Glittergal1

You might need to call MSC for that one.

An alternative could be to rebook the entire flights with shorter stay of only 3 days (if that is equal, less to, or even a little more than you originally paid) and just get MSC to refund your original flights.

Just food for thought if MSC won't sort things out for you.

Best of luck - what a horrible thing to happen to you :(

Hi Glittergal1

You might need to call MSC for that one.

An alternative could be to rebook the entire flights with shorter stay of only 3 days (if that is equal, less to, or even a little more than you originally paid) and just get MSC to refund your original flights.

Just food for thought if MSC won't sort things out for you.

Best of luck - what a horrible thing to happen to you :(

Thanks for your reply , what you have suggested is what we are hoping to do and what ive said in my original post :oI need a telephone number to contact MSC im hoping someone has the correct one to get me through to someone who can deal with this

Do you know why they cancelled your cruise?

yes they quote "operational reasons "

But having looked on the msc website part of our itinerary has changed dates to 1 day earlier and changed ships

Our original ship is now doing another itinerary 3 days earlier

yes they quote "operational reasons "

But having looked on the msc website part of our itinerary has changed dates to 1 day earlier and changed ships

Our original ship is now doing another itinerary 3 days earlier

The reason I wonder is that they seem to be more generous in the way they compensate booked passengers for other travel expensives than most cruiselines normally are.

just rang the phone number posted , the customer service centre they were no help what so ever.

We just need to know what we will be reimbursed for .

the longer we leave it the flight prices are climbing for us to re book !!!

Does anyone have a direct line to a head honcho in MSC any i dont mind who just someone who can gives us an answer

customerservice@msccruises.co.uk

I don’t have any other phone numbers, but when I had an issue with a booking, I found the above email very responsive and the problem was resolved

Thanks for your reply

We have an email address however that takes time for a response we really need to speak to someone in authority who can give us answers to what we will be reimbursed

finally got to speak to someone, not someone in authority though , they have told us we would be fully reimbursed for what we have asked for however Im waiting until we actually have the reimbursement before I sigh in relief . simply because on our online booking it now says Cancelled however the deposit we paid is not in the figure to be reimbursed .