Oceanview to balcony upgrade offer help please

1lizette1

I have done some searching through the boards and some of my questions have been answered but some I can’t find answers to so here we go…

I received an upgrade offer via email. “Click here to see your offer…”. Actual offer (stateroom number etc) is not in email. I learned the details of the offer once I’d been redirected to their website.

Currently we are booked in area of stateroom 2288 (Carnival Victory Dec 3 2018). OceanView room midship directly below Shore Excursions Desk. Total including port fees, insurance and prepaid tips is $924.

They are offering us aft balcony in the area of 6427 for $122 more (directly above piano bar but I’m not too worried as I imagine we’ll be up until midnight or so anyway). The research I’ve been able to do tells me there are no bells or whistles with this room, just a standard balcony (I’ve only ever been on one cruise before and it was an oceanview. A balcony room would be great but I’d be pleased with just the oceanview if it came down to a big difference in price …which it was when I booked. I booked at $259pp and balcony was $354pp).

I did a mock booking for the balcony stateroom they're offering and it came to $1114.. so that would be a $190 difference from what we paid. They’re offering us the upgrade for $122 … a savings of $68.

Offer is valid until July 12 so I do have a few days to decide but I have some questions first….

What if someone books the balcony stateroom they're offering us inthe meantime? Could it happen that I click on the link in my email and be offereda different room?

People talk of getting multiple offers (throughout the months before their cruise). Is it possible for us to get another offer while this one is still “valid” (before I decline)? Or can you only have one offer current at a time?

We received a bonus of $25pp onboard credit promo when we booked. Would we lose that?

I would call my rep at Carnival but she kinda makes me feel like I’m bugging her/wasting her time. I want to have my eggs in a row before I call her.

first of all from your Carnival rep statement, get a new rep immediately. As far as a aft balcony, I thought they were all larger than standard balconies. We would never sail without a balcony and the aft is very special, 180 degree views

IMHO, if you'd be happy with the balcony stateroom available in the offer and you're sure being above the piano bar will not bother you noise-wise, then I'd jump on the chance to upgrade from an ocean-view to a balcony cabin for $122 for 2 people. As long as you accept the possibility of noise from the piano bar which it sounds like you wouldn't mind since you plan to be out late.

It has been my experience in the past that you do not have to take the exact room listed in the email offer. We have been able to choose which room when we accepted the offer. However we always call our PVP to take care of the upgrade as opposed to clicking.

first of all from your Carnival rep statement, get a new rep immediately. As far as a aft balcony, I thought they were all larger than standard balconies. We would never sail without a balcony and the aft is very special, 180 degree views

ALL balconies have a 180° view with the exception of Vista Suites (270° view) and some Captain's Suites (I'd guess they're about 320°)....

I have done some searching through the boards and some of my questions have been answered but some I can’t find answers to so here we go…

I received an upgrade offer via email. “Click here to see your offer…”. Actual offer (stateroom number etc) is not in email. I learned the details of the offer once I’d been redirected to their website.

Currently we are booked in area of stateroom 2288 (Carnival Victory Dec 3 2018). OceanView room midship directly below Shore Excursions Desk. Total including port fees, insurance and prepaid tips is $924.

They are offering us aft balcony in the area of 6427 for $122 more (directly above piano bar but I’m not too worried as I imagine we’ll be up until midnight or so anyway). The research I’ve been able to do tells me there are no bells or whistles with this room, just a standard balcony (I’ve only ever been on one cruise before and it was an oceanview. A balcony room would be great but I’d be pleased with just the oceanview if it came down to a big difference in price …which it was when I booked. I booked at $259pp and balcony was $354pp).

I did a mock booking for the balcony stateroom they're offering and it came to $1114.. so that would be a $190 difference from what we paid. They’re offering us the upgrade for $122 … a savings of $68.

Offer is valid until July 12 so I do have a few days to decide but I have some questions first….

What if someone books the balcony stateroom they're offering us inthe meantime? Could it happen that I click on the link in my email and be offereda different room?

People talk of getting multiple offers (throughout the months before their cruise). Is it possible for us to get another offer while this one is still “valid” (before I decline)? Or can you only have one offer current at a time?

We received a bonus of $25pp onboard credit promo when we booked. Would we lose that?

I would call my rep at Carnival but she kinda makes me feel like I’m bugging her/wasting her time. I want to have my eggs in a row before I call her.

$122 difference between balc, and ov, we'd choose the balc.!

It its less then $400. total we always choose the balc., if its more, it depends on how much more, the length of the cruise, the itinerary, the time of year!

It has been my experience in the past that you do not have to take the exact room listed in the email offer. We have been able to choose which room when we accepted the offer. However we always call our PVP to take care of the upgrade as opposed to clicking.

I took your advice and I called. I called the 1-888 number in the email though (rather than my PVP). The woman who answered the phone was so patient and helpful.

You're correct. I was able to choose from a number of staterooms that were still available. $122 upgrade from oceanview (deck 2) to balcony (deck 6) but for just $10 more I got a balcony on the 8th deck. A little closer to the front than I would like but this way we aren't under a pool or restaurant on the 9th deck.

I was thinking once I got the email offer I would wait a couple days and see if a different room was offered. Now that I know I can call and see what rooms are offered, I will call right away next time (more rooms to choose from).

Enjoy it! Except for our first cruise, we've always had a balcony. To be honest, my favorite thing on a hot day is taking a nice shower and sitting on the balcony in my bathrobe for a little while before getting ready for dinner. And just in general we love them!