Tour boat explodes in Bahamas

BoDidly

Sorry to hear this, and hope for the best for the passengers on board.

This happened in Exuma another island in the Bahama chain, far from the Nassau cruise port. Probably of more concern/interest to hotel and land vacationers than cruisers.

Hate to hear this, especially since we have a coastal cruise booked for our upcoming visit to Princess Cays. I'm not overly concerned, but it does make you stop and think about it. Hopefully this was merely a mechanical problem and not something similar to what happened to the water taxi in the Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel area

I'll be watching this for updated info.

• 3 weeks later...
towel Critter,

Have you been on your coastal cruise excursion yet in Princess Cays? Just booked it on Carnival for October and was interested in how it was for you?

No, our cruise isn't until September. I did inquire with my PVP about this incident. He assures me that whenever there is an accident/incident with any tour company that Carnival rechecks with every one of them to make sure they are meeting safety standards. Wish I could tell you more, but that's all I know. Since I've heard no news indicating otherwise, I have to assume this incident really was just accident and there was nothing nefarious about it. We are keeping the excursion.

thanks .. we will too. if i can remember, i may check back and see how the excursion was for you. thanks
You are welcome. I will try to remember to dig this thread back up after the cruise and report. Should I forget, dig it up for me. :)