Platinum Boarding Question

rhinomike

My son is 24. I guess I will just inquire when we arrive at the port. I have never cruised out of Baltimore so not familiar with boarding routine there. Fortunately we will still have phone service so we will probably drop off the bags in the room and catch up when they board. Can't wait!!!! :D

If you and your husband are platinum, why don’t you put your name on 1 cabin and your husbands on the other cabin and all 4 of you will get the platinum perks. We booked like this for our August cruise, not for that reason, but will still wait and board with our family members who have a 12pm appointment. We will have the ability to early check in up to 4 people with our platinum cabins but we have 8 people total. I checked and Fttf was available but they didn’t want to spend the money since we are traveling Sunday to Sunday so we will wait. We usually get to the port by 10 am regardless and just hang around Galveston until our time, turn our bags in , etc. can’t wait, 31 days !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you and your husband are platinum, why don’t you put your name on 1 cabin and your husbands on the other cabin and all 4 of you will get the platinum perks. We booked like this for our August cruise, not for that reason, but will still wait and board with our family members who have a 12pm appointment. We will have the ability to early check in up to 4 people with our platinum cabins but we have 8 people total. I checked and Fttf was available but they didn’t want to spend the money since we are traveling Sunday to Sunday so we will wait. We usually get to the port by 10 am regardless and just hang around Galveston until our time, turn our bags in , etc. can’t wait, 31 days !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Because name changes cost money.

My husband and I have both been Platinum for years. We will be traveling on the Pride out of Baltimore in September with our adult son and his friend. My son, unfortunately is ONE day away from being Platinum after this cruise 😝, so close!! When we arrive at the port, is there any chance they can board with us as Platinum members? I know it is doubtful, but worth asking.

We were the same way last year but when I did my boarding pass it had Priority on it, even tho we were not platinum untill we were on the ship they gave us the perk. Did you have your final payment that you can fill out the boarding pass and see? Best of Luck

We were the same way last year but when I did my boarding pass it had Priority on it, even tho we were not platinum untill we were on the ship they gave us the perk. Did you have your final payment that you can fill out the boarding pass and see? Best of Luck

If you will turn Platinum at any point on your cruise you receive the benefits at the start of that cruise including a Platinum S&S Card.

Don't forget the FTTF people who should board after the Plat's, but there are always some that are too good to wait their turn.

You are correct, my response wasn't clear, I should have stated it as they go before the rest, after plats and dia.!

If you show up before embarkation begins, you'll board in this order, weddings first, diamonds next, then Platinums, then everyone else boards according to their times! So you'll usually be in he first 100 to board the ship!:D

Suite guests also board before everyone else (after weddings, P&D).

You should pick the check in time that closest matches when you expect to arrive as to allow staggered to check in to work as it's designed. If you are D/P/FTTF by you choosing the later time doesn't mean it will be available to those that aren't. I have tested out this theory on my own cruises. I changed mine to a later time to free it up for my mom who didn't have FTTF and it still wasn't available to her. I believe they changed the way the time slots are allocated awhile after they started the staggered check in process because many people had the same mindset as you and the early times were getting overwhelmed crowding the terminals.

I agree with this. They definitely changed how the process works because the last time I choose my check-in time I did so literally at 12:01 am on the day the slots became available. Yet the first available time slot was only 12:30. So it looks like they are not even offering the earliest time slots because they know that D/P/Suites/FTTF will show up early. They probably reserve the earlier time slots based on how many D/P/Suites/FTTF's they have for the cruise.