“Must Pack” items?

We pack the same for as cruise as we do for a land vacation. 20" rolling carry on each. Does not really matter how long the trip or the cruise is.

Our musts list is short. Ipads, prescriptions, eyewear, sunglasses, adapters plus the usual passports/credit cards, etc. Any clothing that is forgotten is easily replaced.

BecauseISaid, we don’t like to check bags, so we will fly with as much sunscreen as we can cram into 3oz containers into quart bags, and buy the rest on the ship or in port.

I wish I could, but teenage daughter so.... :')

I wanted to post that because I see/hear a lot of people who think the 3.4oz rule applies to liquids no matter how they're packed. It's such a common misconception.

There are only a few things that I consider must have's and most have been mentioned: a watch (make sure it is water resistant), prescriptions (always pack in your carry-on) and a bathing suit. I pack a bathing suit even for cold weather cruises as we might want to use the hot tubs after a chilly day to warm up. I do like the idea of bringing a deck of cards to pass the time on sea days.

Over the years we have found that the more we travel the less we take. A lot of the must haves from years gone by no longer seem like such a necessity. This has made packing and travel so much easier.

Over the years we have found that the more we travel the less we take. A lot of the must haves from years gone by no longer seem like such a necessity. This has made packing and travel so much easier.

Maybe that’s what I’m feeling. I’m not forgetting something: I just travel with less these days. :) Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always take a small table top fan. The heating/cooling in the cabins is really variable and unpredictable. I'm pretty comfortable at most temperatures as long as the air is moving. Beyond that a travel bottle for water at the pool or on shore is nice to have.

I take my phone, keep it in flight mode, and set it so that the time can only be manually updated. It acts as my watch ashore, my alarm clock and my torch/flashlight.

AND my camera!