Cost of taxi from Le Havre to Honfleur and how much time to spend in Honfleur?

SM Cruiser

Hi

We are stopping in Le Havre, don't fancy spending 6 hrs travel time to see Paris when we are only docked for one day

Are taxis available at the port to take us to Hornfleur ?

Cost ?

Are there shuttle vans ? similar to Caribbean, that will pick up passengers and take as a group ? cost

Thinking about going at around 10am and return at approx 4 pm, wondering if the taxi will return for us later in the day

Thanks

There may well be taxis, though there are only a limited number and sometimes they have all been gone by the time we got off the ship. This website may help https://www.taxi-lehavre.com/circuits-touristiques/honfleur/. They tend to do a fixed three hour trip to Honfleur, which we did one time. Maybe you could negotiate for a longer time there though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

An alternative to taking a taxi to Honfleur is using BeeLeHavre to get there. On our recent cruise we used them for transportation to Honfleur. We really enjoyed our time in Honfleur and were glad we used BeeLeHavre to get there. You can checkout their website at http://www.beelehavre.com. When cruise ships are in port, they run 2 roundtrips to Honfleur per day.

An alternative to taking a taxi to Honfleur is using BeeLeHavre to get there. On our recent cruise we used them for transportation to Honfleur. We really enjoyed our time in Honfleur and were glad we used BeeLeHavre to get there. You can checkout their website at http://www.beelehavre.com. When cruise ships are in port, they run 2 roundtrips to Honfleur per day.

I had a look at their website. The timings seem a little odd. They run the trips very late in the day. Even the earlier departure gets back very late, so people would need to watch their onboard time. Though I suppose ship departures tend to be later from Le Havre to cater for tours to Paris.

I had a look at their website. The timings seem a little odd. They run the trips very late in the day. Even the earlier departure gets back very late, so people would need to watch their onboard time. Though I suppose ship departures tend to be later from Le Havre to cater for tours to Paris.

We had a very port intensive cruise and since we ruled out the long trip to Paris we decided to have our LeHavre stop as an easy day. We were also stopping in Cherbourg where we had a long day planned visiting the D-Day beaches so BeeLeHavre worked well for us. Our ship was in port from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. so time was not an issue for us. We slept in and had breakfast in dining room and then walked into city center which only took 15-20 minutes. We enjoyed our walk saw some lovely park areas and then got on bus to Honfleur. The ride was about 30 minutes and wifi was available on the bus. We had 2 1/2 hours in Honfleur which was enough time to sightsee, do some shopping, have a meal and do some more shopping. We were on earlier bus which departed at 11:45 a.m. so got back to ship around 4 p.m. You have option of getting dropped off at cruise terminal on way back from Honfleur or going back to city center where tour started. I believe later bus gets aback around 6 p.m. After our return from Honfleur, we spent remainder of day on ship at the pool which was not crowded since a lot of people were still out on excursions. We eat late so had plenty of time to relax onboard before dinner. This may not work for everyone but was exactly what we were looking to do.

We got off the ship in Le Havre and grabbed a taxi on the pier. Our driver's name was Gregoire Panel from Artisan Taxi Le Havre - he spoke limited English. He took us six of us to the town where we spent all day checking out the attractions and having lunch dockside at the inner harbour. We had arranged for Gregoire to come back for us at an appointed time and he was punctual. I cannot remember how much the taxi was but split between us, it wasn't much and easier than trying to find a parking spot if we had rented a car. You can contact Gregoire at gregoire.panel@yahoo.fr or by phoning 0033 6 64 11 61 34. My husband speaks French so it wasn't a problem for us to communicate with Gregoire.

Hope this helps.

Barb

• Like 1

We also just got a taxi at the pier. There were 6 of us and if I remember correctly the cost was around€100. He dropped us off in the centre, we had a wander around and a lovely lunch. We had negotiated how much time we wanted and the driver was prompt picking us up. We don’t speak French and it was no problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
We also just got a taxi at the pier. There were 6 of us and if I remember correctly the cost was around€100. He dropped us off in the centre, we had a wander around and a lovely lunch. We had negotiated how much time we wanted and the driver was prompt picking us up. We don’t speak French and it was no problem.

Hi. Was that 100 euros roundtrip or one way?

In August, we shared a taxi from Le Havre port to Honfleur. The cost was 125 Euros for 4 people. The driver dropped us at the old port and came back to pick us up after about 3 hours. It was sufficient time to visit and have lunch at Honfleur.