Choir of Men??? $19.19????

tokidoki

Cruise critic just saved me 21 bucks...I was booked on the Oct28th sailing at the 29.99 price, just got off the phone with NCL they cancelled my reservation and rebooked at the new lower price...they had no idea why the price drop

Maggie, thank you so much for letting me know about rebooking! I am going to do the same thing!:cool:

I originally booked COM at $24.99 for 10/21 cruise. The price dropped to $19.19. I called NCL and they are refunding me the difference. Not sure why NCL would not automatically do that...

A few bucks would not make or break me, but it is the point. NCL could have alerted me and adjust without me having to call.

I hope this is useful info to those who booked a few weeks ago.

:)

On my cruise at the end of May, we had booked the show prior to sailing. During the cruise, we had 3 separate credits (I assume one for each of us) applied to our ship account in the amount of $9.something and stating it was for this show. All we can assume is that the price was reduced since the time we had purchased the tickets. We never bothered to inquire about it.

Glad you had informative info to offer to this thread!

I originally booked COM at $24.99 for 10/21 cruise. The price dropped to $19.19. I called NCL and they are refunding me the difference. Not sure why NCL would not automatically do that...

A few bucks would not make or break me, but it is the point. NCL could have alerted me and adjust without me having to call.

I hope this is useful info to those who booked a few weeks ago.

:)

Several of us booked it when it was $0 and new only to have it change to $29.42 give or take. Didn't take them long to make that change.

I just got off the 7/1 - 7/8 sailing on the Escape and saw The Choir of Man with the original cast in its 2nd to last week before they embark on a US tour.

First of all, the show was great! By far the best show on the cruise. If you like sausage and mashed potatoes then the food is average. You can substitute for salmon, pasta or chicken tenders.

We booked ahead of time and paid the 29.99 including gratuities but saw in the dailies that it was being advertised for 15.99 plus gratuities. We went to guest services and they immediately credited out account approx. $10 pp.

The last show with the original cast will be 7/14 and then ncl is casting it themselves.

Hopefully it continues to be great but I have to imagine it will lose a little something without the guys who created the show.

The 9 guys are so engaging and the way they start the show coming out 1 and 2 at a time and start pouring beers for anyone who comes up on stage was very entertaining.

It was my wifes bday and I let them know it so she was brought up on stage to be serenaded to by Peter which was just awesome.

My nieces fell in love with all the guys, but especially Aiden. And one of my nieces was also brought up for the "Pina Colada" song which was also great.

So, long story short, the price has been reduced and it has nothing to do with specialty credits but probably more to do with the upcoming cast change.

We saw the show the first week in May and it cost a specialty dining credit and there was also an upcharge of $14.00. We just saw it again last Friday and they were only charging the dining credit. We are vegetarians so we chose the pasta w/marinara as our entrée and I thought there was an improvement in the taste of the food. Both times the show was fantastic!!!

I just got off the 7/1 - 7/8 sailing on the Escape and saw The Choir of Man with the original cast in its 2nd to last week before they embark on a US tour.

First of all, the show was great! By far the best show on the cruise. If you like sausage and mashed potatoes then the food is average. You can substitute for salmon, pasta or chicken tenders.

We booked ahead of time and paid the 29.99 including gratuities but saw in the dailies that it was being advertised for 15.99 plus gratuities. We went to guest services and they immediately credited out account approx. $10 pp.

The last show with the original cast will be 7/14 and then ncl is casting it themselves.

Hopefully it continues to be great but I have to imagine it will lose a little something without the guys who created the show.

The 9 guys are so engaging and the way they start the show coming out 1 and 2 at a time and start pouring beers for anyone who comes up on stage was very entertaining.

It was my wifes bday and I let them know it so she was brought up on stage to be serenaded to by Peter which was just awesome.

My nieces fell in love with all the guys, but especially Aiden. And one of my nieces was also brought up for the "Pina Colada" song which was also great.

So, long story short, the price has been reduced and it has nothing to do with specialty credits but probably more to do with the upcoming cast change.

Good info. (y)(y)

So, I just got off the phone with NCL. I am booked for Choir of Men on Friday at 8:30. I told them that the website is showing $19.99 per person, and I paid $29.99. The representative told me that the $19.99 is only offered for the Thursday 6:00 PM show. For Monday, Friday and Saturday, the price is $29.99.

I was there on Saturday night at 8:30 and it was 19.19.

Choir of Men - Part II - I called NCL back after your post (thank you Mademypoint!), and spoke to another representative. She said it was $19.19, and it is $15.99 on Thursday (effective July 1st). She apologized, cancelled my original reservation, re-booked the same date and time for $19.19 and refunded me 21 bucks! Thanks again for your input - I appreciate it!

Choir of Men - Part II - I called NCL back after your post (thank you Mademypoint!), and spoke to another representative. She said it was $19.19, and it is $15.99 on Thursday (effective July 1st). She apologized, cancelled my original reservation, re-booked the same date and time for $19.19 and refunded me 21 bucks! Thanks again for your input - I appreciate it!

Enjoy the show it's awesome!