Carnival Magic Theatre

CRU1Z1N

The Magic should include "America Rocks," one of Carnival's Playlist Productions. That particular show includes a live six-piece rock band.

Here's a description of that show: Get ready to rock with this explosive song and dance spectacle featuring hits from folks like Bruce Springsteen, Journey, Aerosmith, The J. Geils Band, The Cars, Pat Benatar and even Blondie. A live six-piece rock band amplifies the show.

The Magic should include "America Rocks," one of Carnival's Playlist Productions. That particular show includes a live six-piece rock band.

Here's a description of that show: Get ready to rock with this explosive song and dance spectacle featuring hits from folks like Bruce Springsteen, Journey, Aerosmith, The J. Geils Band, The Cars, Pat Benatar and even Blondie. A live six-piece rock band amplifies the show.

Just got off the magic and we saw this show. Can confirm there was a live band during the show.

Carnival has done away with this live bands for quite awhile now.

If MAgic has the Playlist shows-- its not a band

Just got off the magic and we saw this show. Can confirm there was a live band during the show.

Hmmmm..... people don't know everything!!!

Hmmmm..... people don't know everything!!!

America Rocks is the only one with the live now and it's only performed on six ships. Well, not sure about the Horizon now. But from what I've read, live bands in their main shows were the norm throughout the fleet years ago, before they switched to Playlist Productions.

A couple years ago, I thought the singers aboard Conquest were pretty good. Last month aboard the Glory, the shows weren't bad, but I thought the singers were terrible. The shows themselves could've been so much better with better singers.

I watched a video of America Rocks performed on the Ecstasy and they sound terrible. Then watched a video of America Rocks from the Magic and they sounded pretty good. I think Carnival needs to select much better talent when it comes to their Playlist performers.

A live band could not save that America Rocks show. If you are a die hard rocker, you will be disappointed. It's like Taylor Swift meets AC/DC. It's rock songs, but poppy. I know why they do it, but again, it was not for us. I've heard cover bands sing those songs better.

How was the show? Were the singers good?

I liked it. I liked all the live music on board in general, and I found myself singing along in the show. The entertainers in general are very talented- they're performing and doing something that I can't do- and that most people can't do- and I give them credit.

I've been to Cirque Du Soliel, Off Broadway plays, etc, so I don't compare cruise ship shows to what I've seen on land- and paid a LOT of money to see. It's worth going to see before or after dinner.

A live band could not save that America Rocks show. If you are a die hard rocker, you will be disappointed. It's like Taylor Swift meets AC/DC. It's rock songs, but poppy. I know why they do it, but again, it was not for us. I've heard cover bands sing those songs better.
I know exactly what you mean. None of the singers on the Glory had the right voice for singing rock. I could tell one of them tried very hard to sing aggressively, if you know what I mean, but just couldn't pull it off. They tried to be AC/DC, but it came out more like Journey.

The entertainers in general are very talented- they're performing and doing something that I can't do- and that most people can't do- and I give them credit.
Yeah, they have a talent that I don't have, but that doesn't automatically make them great entertainment.

Since Carnival decided to revamp it's live shows, as it did with the introduction of Playlist Productions, then they needed to make sure to get it right. I think Playlist falls a bit short. I don't hate them. Judging by a all of the negative comments I've read on these boards, it seems as if I like them more than most here, but the level of talent they hire to perform these shows seems to vary greatly. I think they need to raise their standards.

Many people talk about the smaller main theaters on the Vista class ships. I'm no expert, but surely they knew they could get away with making them smaller. I'm sure they've collected attendance data over time and I'll bet they realized they weren't filling up the older, bigger theaters, so decided to make the new ones smaller.

I know exactly what you mean. None of the singers on the Glory had the right voice for singing rock. I could tell one of them tried very hard to sing aggressively, if you know what I mean, but just couldn't pull it off. They tried to be AC/DC, but it came out more like Journey.

Yeah, they have a talent that I don't have, but that doesn't automatically make them great entertainment.

Since Carnival decided to revamp it's live shows, as it did with the introduction of Playlist Productions, then they needed to make sure to get it right. I think Playlist falls a bit short. I don't hate them. Judging by a all of the negative comments I've read on these boards, it seems as if I like them more than most here, but the level of talent they hire to perform these shows seems to vary greatly. I think they need to raise their standards.

Many people talk about the smaller main theaters on the Vista class ships. I'm no expert, but surely they knew they could get away with making them smaller. I'm sure they've collected attendance data over time and I'll bet they realized they weren't filling up the older, bigger theaters, so decided to make the new ones smaller.

The production shows they put on before playlist were head and shoulders better. Would think less quality fewer people will come.

I believe they made a smaller venue in order to increase revenue from more cabins. Same reason they shrunk the comedy club venue.