What to do?!

DevilDogsWifey215

We are going end of October on the Triumph to Cozumel and Yucatan. I love the beach and a good drink but really I can do that anytime. I would like to see ruins. Since we are going to progreso anyways is it worth doing an excursion from Cozumel to mainland ruins and then again from Progreso or just spend the progreso day visiting ruins and doing something else in Cozumel? For now cruising is the best way for us to explore and see world history and culture. I just feel like spending the day at a beautiful beach would waste good opportunity but also don't want to waste money either if it doesn't make sense to travel to the mainland from Cozumel. If that makes sense?

Seeing ruins from Coz involves a ferry to Play del Carmen and then a long bus ride - Tulum is closer, but if you go to Coba, etc. you'll spend more time getting to and from than at the ruins. :(

Lots to see & do on Coz - snorkel or scuba, tour the east side for great, undeveloped scenery, Bar Hop tour is fun, or maybe swim with the dolphins.

Progreso is for Mayan ruins. Uxmal is one of the BEST you can ever visit anywhere in Central America. Well worth the all day excursion. Do it.

Cozumel is all about the ocean, the fish, the beach, snorkeling or scuba diving. Do something water related there. Tons of choices.