18-20 year old club

Halftocruz

Hi

Everyone has been so helpful on this board. I have not cruised NCL yet and will next summer for 11 days in Italy and Greece.

My 19 year old son will be with us, I thought I read that NCL has a 18-20 year old club?

I’ll be on the Jade. Thanks if anyone can enlighten me [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No club for 19 year olds. It’s called mom signing a alcohol waiver, buying a corks and caps package and sonny hanging out with the adults.

There’s an alcohol waiver?? Or are you being funny [emoji3] funny answer though.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No club for 19 year olds. It’s called mom signing a alcohol waiver, buying a corks and caps package and sonny hanging out with the adults.
I thought the cruises out of Europe had a lower alcohol age?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There is a waiver a parent can sign for beer and wine. When we did it 5 years ago, our kids were 18 & 20, on our Boston to Bermuda cruise. They supposedly could only have beer and wine once in international waters. They may have been served while still in port, if I remember correctly. I remember reading it was different for European cruises.

Waivers are not required for 18 and above on European cruises.

We're sailing on the Baltics in 2 weeks and was told that if our 19 yo wanted to drink we had to sign a waiver for just beer & wine. She doesn't like either of those so it didn't matter so we went with the pop package for her.

We're sailing on the Baltics in 2 weeks and was told that if our 19 yo wanted to drink we had to sign a waiver for just beer & wine. She doesn't like either of those so it didn't matter so we went with the pop package for her.

You got bad info. That's not true.

Interesting. So you're saying she can walk up to any bar and order a drink?

https://www.ncl.com/faq#what-minimum-age-purchase-andor-consumption-alcoholic-beverages

She doesn't need a waiver form for European cruises but according to the FAQ she can have beer and wine, which you said she doesn't like. :)

Thanks for sharing that. I find it interesting that the NCL rep who the cruise was booked at told us that we had to have the waiver signed. In the end it doesn't matter much as our dd doesn't like either much. Of course she could prove us wrong on the boat - lol.