Barcelona Pre-Cruise Suggestions

pl281

We just booked on the Celebrity Edge for July 2019. We plan on spending 2-3 days before the cruise in Barcelona.

We are a family of 5 (My folks, myself and wife and our 5 year old) - We had a wonderful company in Rome which did the airport / port pickup drop off as well as had some walking tours available -

I know walking tours may not be an option in Barcelona but looking for recommendations of tour companies / things to do

We just booked on the Celebrity Edge for July 2019. We plan on spending 2-3 days before the cruise in Barcelona.

We are a family of 5 (My folks, myself and wife and our 5 year old) - We had a wonderful company in Rome which did the airport / port pickup drop off as well as had some walking tours available -

I know walking tours may not be an option in Barcelona but looking for recommendations of tour companies / things to do

There are some great walking tours in BCN check out Runnerbean Tours and Sandemanns

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

DH and I just got back from spending 2 days in Barcelona after our cruise in June. We absolutely loved it there! However, we didn't do much in the way of formal tours. Before the cruise, we had spent 10 days in Ireland and with the port intensive cruise we were kind of toured out. We spent our 2 days exploring on our own and we absolutely fell in love with the city.

A couple things I would highly recommend:

Go to the open air market off of La Rambla. It's a bit crowded but it's essentially a football field full of stalls selling every kind of food you can imagine. Fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, seafood, fresh squeezed juices, spices, candies, etc. There's a couple restaurants scattered in there as well. It was such an experience and we loved sampling all the fresh cuisine. We went there on a Monday morning.

Go to the beach! The same day we went to the open air market, we bought some fruits, cones of meats and cheeses, and crackers and brought them with us to have a picnic on the beach. We bought a blanket from one of the street vendors for 10 euro to lay on. It was probably one of the most relaxing days of our trip. Fair warning: in Barcelona a lot of people tend to sunbathe topless. But we found that the closer you were to port, the less likely this was. Topless sunbathers didn't bother us so we went a ways down the beach closer to where most of the locals would be. We swam in the ocean, ate our picnic and relaxed in the sun. It was magical.