Does iMessage work using Royal's wifi WITHOUT buying VROOM?

I've read conflicting things regarding iMessage. Some users reportedly get iMessage's without having to buy anything while others claim you have to buy some sort of internet package. Apparently this work on the Harmony? I'm not really sure what the rule is. I can last the entire cruise without buying internet, but since I'll be with a large group it'd be nice to use iMessage in case we split up. Does anyone know what the deal is?

I've read conflicting things regarding iMessage. Some users reportedly get iMessage's without having to buy anything while others claim you have to buy some sort of internet package. Apparently this work on the Harmony? I'm not really sure what the rule is. I can last the entire cruise without buying internet, but since I'll be with a large group it'd be nice to use iMessage in case we split up. Does anyone know what the deal is?

On the ships that uses the Royal IQ app, there is a loophole that makes iMessage work. I'm not sure if it works all the time.

Does the Allure have the Royal IQ app? Will it have it by the 8/26 cruise I'm going on?

I just had a look in Google App Store, and according to the description, Allure don't support Royal IQ. And from what I've heard, it looks like Royal IQ isn't going on more ships.

Allure uses the Royal Caribbean International app.

Do you know if Oasis of the Seas will have iMessage work or Royal iQ app? We are first time sailers and we bought one VROOM package for my husband who is in need of watching his Orioles play while I play bingo and swim. I would love to imessage each other though if we split up for a few hours. Any other great ideas that work on the ship like walkie talkies? We leave on the 5th of August! I am trying to read all these forums but its taking me a while! Thanks!