Port Intensive and Picture Intensive Trip Report for Jewel's E Mediterranean cruise

This is how tight the streets were.

DSC00194_zpsrk9kmnfu.jpg

DSC00199_zps5deytgqz.jpg

We saw a gorgeous dance store, French designer Repetto. I got another granddaughter a very cool Repetto dance bag. She loved it! M&I both saw the store at the same time and stopped dead in our tracks as there was the most gorgeous dance outfit in the window.

DSC00109_zpsnj4zrqni.jpg

If you want to know how to spell hot dog in French, it is ‘le hot-dog’ and it is a hot dog and a half… LOL!

DSC00025_zpsridkhyln.jpg

We went to Cassis. It was a quaint, pretty seaside town. The guide wanted us to stay and walk around for a while and have lunch, but no one was hungry. She had to meet someone (work related she said) and probably wanted to get something to eat as we heard from several guides how they have a big meal at lunch. We aren’t big lunch eaters. It was crowded and hot, so we called the driver about a half hour later after we walked around for a while. She came fairly quickly and got us, and we went back to the ship. It was a full day and a great tour!

DSC00291_zpskavloa6h.jpg

DSC00294_zpsvfycgupc.jpg

DSC00296_zpskzmwsirx.jpg

DSC00297_zpssirfa6op.jpg

DSC00299_zpsvuqhlueh.jpg

There was another wedding celebration with kids hanging out of the windows… In this traffic! Too funny, the guide was talking to us about the crazy traffic and we were telling her about the motorcycles swarming the car drivers in Rome. She said well, what do they expect the motorcycles to do in the U.S.? Wait in line with the traffic?? She was horrified when we said of course – what and breathe in the air from the cars?? What would be the good of them doing that as it defies the purpose of the motorcycle to get around the lines? Well, not dying for one… She was telling us how it was impossible for young people to buy houses in France unless they get money from their family and how high taxes and costs are, etc.

DSC00370_zpsp0vygpzs.jpg

DSC00381_zpsji2r2gaf.jpg

DSC00388_zps23mr9vt3.jpg

DSC00402b_zpsq2pxbfp2.jpg

DSC00413b_zpsixnoigrg.jpg

DSC00416_zpslm31lrui.jpg

Dinner was at Chops Grille. It was delicious. They have bone in rib eye back on the menu. It was so good! The server praised the job I did with it.😊 She was a little cool in the beginning (and we were really starting to worry about the meal service on this ship) but she warmed up to us. She was from Trinidad and was very funny and nice. On the way to dinner, we saw a boy in a uniform of Chops Grille in the elevator and then we saw him in Chops. F said to him, we just saw you in the elevator and he said oh yes. F said, no that wasn’t you – that guy was much better looking. He laughed and laughed!

The bacon was so good!!! I had never had it before. P got it and let me try it. Yes, I am definitely getting it next time.

DSC06926b_zpseerz3ik2.jpg

DSC06927_zpsasxcxgzy.jpg

DSC06918_zpspqa0q0ut.jpg

DSC06924_zps7mrazi2k.jpg