Some Seaview Dining room menus July 2018

wetwash

LOL...for starters....I don't eat most of the starters!...mussels...or chilled soups. or ..snails...or risotto...i'm really not a picky eater....menu is just a lot different than other cruise lines i have been on ...that's all....I'll be ok....if they have french fries ...or at least get someone to interpret what the dishes are ....don't recognize a lot of the dish names :)

:)

They have French fries even though they are not in the menu (maybe they are on a kid’s menu?) my teens ordered them (with chicken) when we are in the MDR last month on Seaview!

when the menu was divided into 7 courses. .

There is something refreshing about a dinner of seven properly portioned course, rather then the 3 - start, race, finish. But alas and alack, most of the lines have consolidated and streamlined their dinners.

There is something refreshing about a dinner of seven properly portioned course, rather then the 3 - start, race, finish. But alas and alack, most of the lines have consolidated and streamlined their dinners.

If you're not a fussy eater (unfortunately I am) you could always 'stretch' your meal into 7 courses: Appetiser, Salad, Soup, Pasta, Mains, Dessert & Cheese plate. :D DH often has 4-5 courses, I'd usually only have 2-3 any.

We have 3 full meals every day onboard - at home we'd only eat 2 main meals and don't snack in between, so even 3 courses for lunch and dinner is certainly too much for me!

That's your chance to try something new then.

Actually menus look wonderful to me.

I agree. We were on the Seaside with 4 kids between the ages of 5-8 and all of them ate off the adult menu for every dinner in the MDR and loved trying new things.

If they can. Anyone can. Live a little. If you didn't like it head to the buffet afterwards.

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

MSC's menus don't change much from year to year, R2CA - apart from some very slight variations.

Just wondering since it did not look anything like the Divina's menu this past Nov/Dec. That was a month in the Carib.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

The menus differ a bit depending on the region the ship is in.  The menus posted here are fairly typical of Med itinerary menus.

When I was doing my 'Live from Meraviglia' report (immediately after her inaugural), I posted the menus from the YC;  there were comments about how people hoped that the new Seaside's menus weren't going to be similar when she started sailing.  They weren't very different to the Seaview menus on this thread.

Edited by Beamafar

34 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The menus differ a bit depending on the region the ship is in.  The menus posted here are fairly typical of Med itinerary menus.

When I was doing my 'Live from Meraviglia' report (immediately after her inaugural), I posted the menus from the YC;  there were comments about how people hoped that the new Seaside's menus weren't going to be similar when she started sailing.  They weren't very different to the Seaview menus on this thread.

Thank you and well duh me!  I wasn't thinking about the ship being in the Med.😐

Here are a couple of menu examples from the YC onboard the MSC Seaview in the Med in July last year. We didn't starve and the food was very good. Agree with Bea, the menus don't change that often but from time to time there are some new dishes around as MSC is cooperating with famous chefs like Spanish Ramon Freixa. On our Preziosa cruise in the Antilles in February the menu was different. 

IMG_20180721_184024.jpg

IMG_20180717_190153.jpg

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73

Thanks for the menus, got a few MSC ships under the belt wondered if menus were different on this one. 

There’s a lack of recent photos on google searches & with this being first cruise of the year just a little excited!