Gone with the Wind, War & Peace, What Time is the Midnight Buffet??

Danno

Chester!!!!! I'm so excited. My darling Bob just presented me with an autographed copy of your book! Now the dilemma. Do I save it and take it on the cruise in March and let everyone read it (after me, or course), or do I hoard it because you signed it and wrote a note to me? No, I think it has to go with me so I can share it (but I bet I can't wait and read it before we leave)! I bet others will want a copy too. Thank you for the sweet note.;)

Now, when will we have the next chapter?ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Garry

I think you're probably right Danno. I won't be able to keep my hands off the book, but I won't be reading it watching the snow fall. We live in Atlanta and snow is a rare occurrance.:D

Garry

I think you're probably right Danno. I won't be able to keep my hands off the book, but I won't be reading it watching the snow fall. We live in Atlanta and snow is a rare occurrance.:D

Garry

I will gladly send you ANY snow we get here. Wouldn't want you to be without ;)

TechKnowBabble - Now there's a name I can really appreciate. Hope your trip is better than ours was...

Jim - Obviously, you are an idea man. I'm all for it...

youngnhcruiser - Are you north, east, south or west? The world gets smaller every day.

Alan - Excellent, I appreciate it. I've heard from GB, Norway, Germany, Canada, and Australia, too.

dawne577 - I'm hanging on to the day job...it's a tough business, to be sure.

All the best,

chesterh

Chesterh,

Just wanted to thank you for writing such a great book. It arrived with the mail Saturday afternoon and I finished it by Sunday morning. Now as soon as my eyes are rested I"ll start on your lasted cruise. Thanks again for the light joyful book.

I hear it's being made into a movie...the tentative cast is as follows...

Chester...Robert DeNiro (it's a Hollywood thing :eek: )

Kris...Julia Roberts

Newt...Carrot-top

Danno...David Hyde Pierce :p (it's a snob thing)

Duck...Jennifer Aniston (long story :D )

:D

I got the book in the mail yesterday. I've already read half of it. It's wonderfully funny and entertaining. And it makes me want to book another cruise right away!:D Too bad Celebrity didn't respond to your request about using their "X" on the ship on the cover of the book (I noticed the "Y" ;) ). This a book that Celebrity should definitely sell in their gift shops. Thank you for writing it. I'm soooo enjoying it.

I arrived home last night after a 12hr day at work and mine was in the mailbox. I went inside, fixed myself a sandwich, took 2 diet cokes with me to the lazyboy and did not get up until I had finished the book. What a great, relaxing read. I was right there then entire trip. I now want to go to Belize and take that excursion and even go to Nassau and look for the 'coffee shop' with the special entrance. Absolutely wonderful, relaxing, mini vacation that was.

Yes, I overslpt this morning, was 15 minutes late for work, and can't stop telling people about this book.

Thanks Chesterh for sharing your 25th anniversary trip with me.

Can you feel the love :D ??

I'm glad this thread has thrived...nice to one of our own get some recognition. I wouldn't bet he's getting rich on this venture...I don't get the fact that this book is not on sail on ships either. With some of the dreck sold as reading material onboard, this would be an upscale addition...it's not like it would displace Faulkner, King or even Dr.Suess.

Just had to add that I purchased 2 of these books, one for my husband as a gift for his birthday cruise in March on the Galaxy and one for a friend and her husband who we convinced to take their first cruise with us a couple of years ago. I've read all Chester's stuff on here, but husband isn't into computers, so this will be a treat for him to read. I'm trying not to read it ahead of him, but think that will be impossible.

Great going Chester and continued success.

Marilyn

Well, I'll be finishing the book tonight. You were right Danno, I couldn't keep my hands off of it. I've been trying to read it really slow and right before I cut off the light for the night but that's been impossible. I sure have had nice dreams the last few days.Zzzz.gif I wish I had another one to read.

Garry

The book was soooooooo good! When I get a good book I'm always sad when I finish it. It's like visiting with a good friend.

Chester, I hope you're going to publish your other ones! And where are you cruising next?

Garry

Came home today from a long day teaching. Snow was coming down in big flakes (definitely enough to kill a wisteria), my walk and front porch were icy and slippery. And there, right in front of my front door, laying on the icy, cold cement was a package from Barnes and Noble. Yes, Chester had arrived. It's great!

Now what am I supposed to do??? I may have to go on a cruise...3 weeks tomorrow.

Danno, when you make a statement like that, you should follow it up with :D :D :D .

I printed out Chester's Millie cruise today (at work!) I had started it but went cruising and somehow never got back to it. Now I have something to read.;)

Garry

Danno kindly allowed me to add my two cents.

Reading 'What Time is the Midnight Buffet?' brought back so many images and happy memories. I can't wait to get back on board! (especially when it was 20 degrees below zero today!)

My friend, Dale (going with us on the cruise - her first) is giving me updates everyday of what she read the night before. I think she'll be so familiar with the cruise experience, that she'll be telling US what to do.;)

Great story - and so much fun to read. Will be looking for the other books!

Jill

Sorry guys...she got in without my knowledge...women just don't know their place these days ;) !!!

(If she sees this, I don't expect I'll have to bother the cabin steward to push the beds together...)

Sorry guys...she got in without my knowledge...women just don't know their place these days ;) !!!

Excuse me? Thems fighting words! Jill, it was nice of the master to let you post.:D

Garry

(If she sees this, I don't expect I'll have to bother the cabin steward to push the beds together...)

How does she have time to post between the cooking, cleaning, fetching your slippers and pipe and so forth? She must be a very hard worker :p

How does she have time to post between the cooking, cleaning, fetching your slippers and pipe and so forth? She must be a very hard worker :p

She gets up early and stays up late...kinda like Mrs. Cleever (sp?) ;) .

Archived