Gone with the Wind, War & Peace, What Time is the Midnight Buffet??

Danno

Wow...I can only hope to one day achieve such lofty aspirations ;)

Kidding aside Jill works in public health and wouldn't know June Cleever if they shared a dinner table...and I don't have a pipe, slippers, we have a cleaning lady and we share the cooking...makes you want to hug me, doesn't it?? :D

Kidding aside Jill works in public health and wouldn't know June Cleever if they shared a dinner table...and I don't have a pipe, slippers, we have a cleaning lady and we share the cooking...makes you want to hug me, doesn't it?? :D
Who's gonna scrape the hull? Or do you get all ship/yacht/boat related duty?

Oh, and this one is for Jill...

bb.jpg.751a6cc17d55af37e47eaf70e42b6f37.jpg

Wow....that is great...perhaps you could mention the cleaning lady part of the whole thing to Mike (my BF). I'm tired when I get home from work hehehehehe. Normally I cook dinner while he relaxes, then he washes the dishes while I relax. We're pretty much a 50/50 couple :D

Wow....that is great...perhaps you could mention the cleaning lady part of the whole thing to Mike (my BF). :D

Dear Mike...please get a cleaning lady.

(how did I do??...have you thought about stealing a cabin steward...they do a great job)

I have now finished not only the book (see post earlier this week) I have read cruise reports 2 and 3 today. As I finshied cruise 3 I discover I have more in commone with the author than I first thought. Besides the fact that my addiction to cruising started at almost the same time as theirs, I share the same birthday as chesterh. We almost anyway - there are a couple years between us. I wonder how may other 6/2 cruise addicts are out there :)

Thanks again for the cruise reports. They are the next best thing to being there.

Sandy

We got 15 inches of blowing, howling, snow yesterday...the NFL was shut down...no chores (few) to do inside, no getting to our sailboat to tackle the huge "to do" list on her....started reading Chester's book again. Having been on Galaxy and Century a number of times, it almost prompts flashbacks...there are many worse ways to spend a miserable winter afternoon :p .

hi there

just back from century..........read chesters book when on board..........laughed out loud on a few occasions.......got me some funny looks......thanks again for the recommendation.......

just also to let you know that we had the upgrade fairy in a spetacular fashion..........from cc......to penthouse suite............wow......

regards

allison and christine

Yes, I finally did it. I ordered an inscribed book!

I am thoroughly enjoying the APHC cruise installments; Chester has a great sense of timing, plus knows how to thoroughly entertain and hold a reader.

So I started thinking about this NCL cruise we are going on in a few weeks (don't even start on me about defecting! -- we're accommodating friends who blanch at the word 'formal') and thought this would be perfect reading material: I will be on NCL, but reading about an X cruise. :D:D:D Can't wait to get started. Like you, Garry, I'll be lucky if I don't break down and read it cover to cover before we ever leave ... in which case, I'll take it along for our reluctant friends. Might get a convert or two this way!;)

Cheers,

Like you, Garry, I'll be lucky if I don't break down and read it cover to cover before we ever leave.

Nicki, I'm betting you won't be able to wait. Be very careful when the book arrives and don't open it and start reading the first page. That's what happened to me and I found myself sitting down and turning page after page after page.:D :D I think it'll probably get another read in a few months.

Garry

I guess the next thing to do is that all of us order the t-shirts. I did and they are going with us on our Grand Princess cruise this Saturday. Gotta get the word out to the rest of the cruise world about the book. I will probably make for some interesting comments just as they did to chesterh when he and Kris wore them on the HAL cruise.

Jim

Well done group...nice to one of our own create so much goodwill.

I hear Chester is going to publish a LARGE print version for HAL...a blurry print version for Carnival (with lots of pictures)...an gaudy chrome and glass copy for RCI...a Love Boat edition for Princess, hand delivered by Capt'n Stupid... for Cunard, you have to threaten to mutiny, but then you get a free copy....Crystal Cruise line is selling them onboard for $75...and an enhanced copy for X that can be read by the glow emminating from the toilet bowls on M class ships.

Thought you might want to know....;)

So Nicki, you've had the book for a week now. Have you read it yet?

Garry

Still no book, Garry.:( I was wondering this morning when it was going to arrive. (And now that I am going to post this, you can bet it will show up in the next 24hrs.) ;)

Every time I hear a UPS/Fedex/DHL truck on the street, I hold my breath! The longer I wait, the harder it's going to be to keep from reading it when it does get here.

Is there a support group for this sort of thing?;):D

Cheers,

Archived