First cruise platinum on breeze questions

cruise.freak

This will be my first cruise going platinum!! Traveling this Sunday on the breeze. We have a check in time 11:30-12:00 but can we get there earlier? Also carrying on wine can we drop that off in our room before the 1:30 time frame? I have read we get early access to rooms but if the hall door closed how do we get in? Any tips for first time platinum are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruise.freak

This will be my first cruise going platinum!! Traveling this Sunday on the breeze. We have a check in time 11:30-12:00 but can we get there earlier? Also carrying on wine can we drop that off in our room before the 1:30 time frame? I have read we get early access to rooms but if the hall door closed how do we get in? Any time for first time platinum are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check in time does not apply to you, just open the door and go to your room which should be ready.

Head to port earlier than 11 , boarding will start close to that time. Being Platinum ,just open the doors and drop your wine and luggage to your cabin. It may not quite be ready at that time , but it will be.

If we wish to board with PD, which is nice because you can easily drop things and eat before the crowds start to flood in, we get to the port by 1045 or so. Check in has never taken us more than about 20-30 minutes and we have always been on board before 11:45 or so.

I always keep my card out so the stewards know we are platinum and just drop and go. It is much better to eat early IMHO.

This is going to get interesting :evilsmile:.

So in all my years of cruising I never had to show ( Flash ) my card to anyone going to my cabin . Now the stewards are expected to stop what their doing to look at my boarding pass :confused:. Seems to be a fork trying to do a spoons job in the middle of a garden pea fest :halo: .

Congrats on reaching Platinum!!!

Yes the boarding passes now have the Diamond, Platinum, Gold on them.

Just go through the big heavy doors. Your Sail&Sign card will be in the mail slot. Open your door drop your stuff off and head to the Italian restaurant for lunch. It is FRE at lunch, they charge $15 per person in the evening.

This is going to get interesting :evilsmile:.

So in all my years of cruising I never had to show ( Flash ) my card to anyone going to my cabin . Now the stewards are expected to stop what their doing to look at my boarding pass :confused:. Seems to be a fork trying to do a spoons job in the middle of a garden pea fest :halo: .

As Arte Johonson used to say, "Verrry interrresting."

We have had to show our Platinum cards to the crew members, standing in the landings of each deck, wearing red "Ask Me" shirts before going to our cabins.

The new procedures of only VIP, Suite, and FTTF S&S cards being in the mailboxes has made embarkation so much easier and quicker.