We are Booked! on the Adventure July '19 - Question about where the "specials" appear

Hi Everyone

We are booked on the Adventure July' 19 (and wow was that a process almost completely sold out well over a year out - but I digress). We did the Oasis for our last RCCL but liked the thought (and savings) of not having to fly to the Port and even one day in Bermuda is a great cruise! For the Oasis we ended up purchasing some of the add on's while we were on board but this time I would like to pre-book the stuff I know we want before hand (ie. coffee cards and drink packages) - my question is I see from these boards and trip reports that folks are saying they got special prices on some of the extra's and I am wondering where /how you find out about those promotions? Do they appear in your cruise planner, are folks calling and asking for them? Any help is appreciated .....

Thanks so Much

Laura

Yes, they will show up in the cruise planner if there is a sale, usually with a countdown banner at the top telling you how long the sale is going on. My mom also gets emails announcing the sales although I don't, but I'm not sure if I'm signed up for emails or not. Helpful advice I read from another poster and found to be true- look for the sales to start on Fridays and run through Sundays until midnight

With the cruise more than a year away, you could start tracking the items in your cruise planner to see what the regular prices are, especially for excursions. I am targeting Black Friday for my pre-cruise purchases as RC usually discounts some cruise planner items at that time. However, if I see a great price before then, I will just buy it!

That said, I have never seen the coffee card for a reduced price. Good luck and enjoy the planning.

We are on Adventure in August 2019.

Dining, drinks packages and some shore excursions have been available in our cruise planner for a few months now but all the sales that have come and gone have not affected the price at all.

I'm hoping a bit nearer the time this may change.

Our March 2019 sailings are not showing any discounts yet although I keep getting the emails about 30% off. I am seeing "sales" for November cruises but the prices are higher than I already paid for those. Keep watching. Might show up on the Memorial Day sales. Book when you get a good price - it is easy to cancel and rebook later if price goes down.

The Cruise Planner sales generally apply to cruises up to 6 months out. For example, the current sale is good on cruises departing through 1/15/19. Black Friday may be an exception, but I've always booked in January for the coming fall and missed those deals.