Anywhere to pick up lunch for beach?

beckyjohns

We are thinking of taking the bus to Maho Beach. Does anyone know of any place in Philipsburg to pick up a good picnic lunch to bring with us? I know there is the Sunset Bar and the Driftwood Boat Bar, but to be honest, we're not looking for burgers and bar food. Last time we were there, we went to Marigot first and picked up sandwiches, but it's my understanding that most of the cafes/bakeries in Marigot are still recovering from Irma.

From the port to Maho, you normally would not go through Marigot - which is on the other side (french-side) of island. I have never gotten take-out from a restaurant in Philipsburg, but I would definitely expect any restaurant in Philipsburg to be perfectly able and happy to make you sandwiches or whatever you want to go. Maybe you should have a collapsible cooler with you to carry the food. If you are walking from port to get a bus from Philipsburg, you will pass places that can make whatever you want.

We are thinking of taking the bus to Maho Beach. Does anyone know of any place in Philipsburg to pick up a good picnic lunch to bring with us? I know there is the Sunset Bar and the Driftwood Boat Bar, but to be honest, we're not looking for burgers and bar food. Last time we were there, we went to Marigot first and picked up sandwiches, but it's my understanding that most of the cafes/bakeries in Marigot are still recovering from Irma.

Ask your Maitre D, they will be happy to assist.

We do, if a picnic is required.