Using Carnival MC to buy gift cards

lharry

Is there a way to buy a Carnival gift card using my Carnival MasterCard so that I can get the double points?

For Christmas this year I want to buy a gift card for my adult son who will be sailing with us next year. I get double points for buying anything from Carnival if I use my Carnival MC. Is there a way to buy gift cards from Carnival?

Is there a way to buy a Carnival gift card using my Carnival MasterCard so that I can get the double points?

For Christmas this year I want to buy a gift card for my adult son who will be sailing with us next year. I get double points for buying anything from Carnival if I use my Carnival MC. Is there a way to buy gift cards from Carnival?

Any Supermarkets in the area sell them? I think Kroger is one?

You can purchase them directly from Carnival to get the double points. However, while this will give you double points, there are other methods to purchase the cards that will save you more money.

I would check out the possibility of purchasing the gift cards at a discount by buying them through AARP Rewards For Good or Allstate. Using this method, you do get single points on your credit card, but more importantly (at least to me), you also save 10% on the purchase of the gift cards themselves.

Having said that, if you're only purchasing a small amount (say, $50), the AARP/Allstate route may not be for you as they only sell them in the $100 and $500 increments. Also, going through the process of getting the card(s) (earning points to purchase the card, waiting for delivery, etc.) may not be worth the hassle.

For me, I usually purchase a minimum of $1000 at a time, so the $100 I save is significant in my mind. YMMV.

Garnett

You should also be able to buy the gift cards using your Carnival MC on the Carnival website. 2 of my sons have purchased Carnival gift cards on the website using credit cards.

THIS. I have always purchased my Carnival gift and e-cards using our FunPoints card. When purchased this way they still earn the double points and when the time to pay the CC you can apply the points to the purchase as a billing credit.

Lately though we have been purchasing the e-cards at a discount or getting them from other credit cards wholly for points. When purchased at the discount through authorized 3rd party vendors you only earn 1 point/$ but you can't beat the 10-15% savings per card.