Grey's Island Excursions

misssherry

Considering doing the Grand Tour in St. Kitts in October and would love feedback from those that have taken the same tour. It says 6 hour tour but it does not mention anything about a lunch break or lunch included. Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
Considering doing the Grand Tour in St. Kitts in October and would love feedback from those that have taken the same tour. It says 6 hour tour but it does not mention anything about a lunch break or lunch included. Anyone know?
We did this tour last August. Great tour, but no lunch included. We ate at the beach club which was the last stop on the tour.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

We're doing this tour in 2 weeks, so I can't really answer, but it was a question of mine as well. From the FAQ on the website:

Q: Will refreshments be provided? What about lunch?

A: We offer complimentary bottled water on our tours. Many of our destinations will have restaurants for your enjoyment. Cockleshell Beach is home to the Reggae Beach Bar. On South Friar's Beach, the Shipwreck Beach Bar & Grill is a popular refueling spot. Our capital city, Basseterre, has a nice array of restaurants.

Long and short, by the time we get to the beach, it will be well past lunch considering the beach is the last couple hours and our tour ends at 5pm. I figure we'll just have to quickly pick up something at one of the stops.

Otherwise, we'll just eat twice as much at dinner to compensate . . . . :)

• 1 month later...

I took this tour on July 2015 and again Oct 2016 and enjoyed it very much (with some reservations not really relevant to most people). I actually reviewed it on my Carnival Liberty (2015) and Fascination (2016) cruise review below in my signature (most recent review of the tour on post 219 of the Fascination cruise). There is no food provided on the tour or other refreshments apart from bottled water. The tour sometimes gets tweaked so somebody's tour might be a bit different than that of others. Both of my tours were slightly different. For instance, in 2015 we were taken to Carambola Beach club for our "beach time" part of the tour and on 2016 we were taken to Shipwreck beach and bar (which I enjoyed much more). All in all, I'd recommend this tour to anyone wishing to get a taste of what St. Kitts is all about.

We just returned (last Saturday) and did this tour...wonderful...not impressed at all with Shipwreck Beach...lot's of green algae in the water due to the recent hurricane...and no one on our tour was interested in eating at the beach bar and spending much time there.

Thenford was just an amazing man, so professional and interesting...enjoyed spending the day with him !!

Doubt very much that Shipwreck will be around much longer...condo development taking over soon...they had just reopened again for a short time.