Beverage up charge cost

janewe

They downgraded the classic beverage package recently to exclude the only decent blended scotch, chivas regal. Does anyone know what the up charge for that is as they moved it to premium? It was available in classic on our last four celebrity cruises.

I would expect to pay a higher up charge for malt whisky but not for the blended Chivas. Disappointed they did this, yes I know they want us to upgrade to premium but I am resisting doing that, Air, Hotel and Cruise costs enough.

I can only suggest that it would cost no more than $15 US as it is the limit for the PBP and since it is listed there, it will cost no more than that.

So, your 'up charge' would be no more than $6.00 US plus gratuity, as a starter.

bon voyage

Thanks for the input, perhaps I will drink Jamesion Irish whiskey instead as I see that’s on the classic. Hopefully they don’t move it to the premium in the interim. When I booked this cruise many months ago chivas was included but I guess they can change things when they like. Now only low end bar scotch in the classic. Big push to move to premium but even with the recent 20% off it was an extra $225 Canadian per person for a 12 day cruise. Would pay a buck or two upcharge but no way would pay $6 more for chivas.

I doubt that it would be a $6 upcharge, more likely $2-3+18%. In the past when brands have moved from the Classic to the Premium the price increased by $1-2.

j- you are most likely correct, I only used $6.00 + gratuity as the max as it is the max for beverages on the PBP... I do not know what the pricing is for Chivas aboard, yet $6.00 upcharge would be the max...

Thank you and bon voyage

I doubt that it would be a $6 upcharge, more likely $2-3+18%. In the past when brands have moved from the Classic to the Premium the price increased by $1-2.

Good information, thank you!