Tracy Arm Fjord Catamaran Excursion

carlsbadguy

We did this excursion last week. While we had mostly beautiful weather, in Tracy arm we experienced freezing rain. Be prepared even though it’s summer! At first I was disappointed that it was cloudy. The guide explained cloudy conditions gives you better color of the ice because of light refractory. We saw blue ice that I can’t even describe. This was by far my favorite excursion and enjoyed it even more than Glacier Bay!

We had a beautiful sunny day in glacier bay. I’m guessing the lower 60’s....not nearly as cold as Tracy arm. But again a little cooler as the ship pulled closer to the glacier. It was totally clear so we had a great view of all the mountains.

I always have my hat and gloves. I am also outside frequently and not sitting looking out windows. Depends, but they take up little room. so if you'll have them packed , I'd suggest bringing them on this tour.

I always take hat and gloves as well. We have taken this tour a few times and sometimes we need the additional items and sometimes we don't -- better to be prepared then be uncomfortable. Like Budget Queen, we are outside most of the time and very rarely in our seats -- don't want to miss a good photo opportunity.

Depends on what you want your experience to be. If you want to be indoors, expect it to be humid. If you want to be outdoors, expect to be COLD COLD COLD. As photography is my focus and passion, I stay outside until I just can't stand it any more, and found that a ski cap and thin "ski glove liners" work well but still was cold.