Cruise lines

mdenis

Have just begun investigating a possible cruise to Bermuda for 6/19. Looks like NCL, Royal and Carnival are my only options. Any other? And do any sail from the south (ie Florida?)? We live an hour from port caniveral and it kills me to have to fly! Last went to Bermuda over 30 years ago and there were ships in Hamilton. No longer? Any and all advice appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are some the mass market cruise lines and ships that do Bermuda:

NCL Dawn, Boston

HAL, Veendam, Boston

NCL, Escape, NYC

Celebrity, Summit/Gem, Bayonne

RCI, Grandeur of the Seas, Baltimore

RCI, Anthem of the Seas, Bayonne

Carnival, various, Florida, Charleston & NYC

Disney, Magic, NYC

Of the ones listed, only the Veendam docks in Hamilton, all others, the Dockard.

I'm sure that as more people read this post, there will be additions/corrections.

The only advice I will offer is to make it a 7 night cruise and the cruise includes only weekdays in Bermuda.

SBtS

Here are some the mass market cruise lines and ships that do Bermuda:

NCL Dawn, Boston

HAL, Veendam, Boston

NCL, Escape, NYC

Celebrity, Summit/Gem, Bayonne

RCI, Grandeur of the Seas, Baltimore

RCI, Anthem of the Seas, Bayonne

Carnival, various, Florida, Charleston & NYC

Disney, Magic, NYC

Of the ones listed, only the Veendam docks in Hamilton, all others, the Dockard.

I'm sure that as more people read this post, there will be additions/corrections.

The only advice I will offer is to make it a 7 night cruise and the cruise includes only weekdays in Bermuda.

SBtS

The Veendam will no longer sail to Bermuda. Holland America has not announced any future Bermuda sailings with other ships.

Oceania, not a mass market cruise line, will do sailings to Hamilton and St. George’s next August.

The reason for avoiding weekends is that much of Bermuda sort of shuts down on the weekends. Some stores will be closed, less frequent transportation availability with reduced busses, more expensive taxis. The upside is that the beaches will be less crowded due to less cruise ships in port😃

The reason for avoiding weekends is that much of Bermuda sort of shuts down on the weekends. Some stores will be closed, less frequent transportation availability with reduced busses, more expensive taxis. The upside is that the beaches will be less crowded due to less cruise ships in port[emoji2]

And the ferries don’t run to St. George’s. Taxis are only more expensive on Sunday. Saturday is fine for shopping. Sunday is the day where a lot of stores are closed.

Been quite a few years since I have been to the beach on the weekend but not sure the beaches are less crowded. There are other visitors besides cruise passengers and the weekend is when local residents have off work and can enjoy the beach. Not saying you are wrong but not sure if it is true they are less crowded on the weekend. I did go to the Horseshoe on two Sundays I was there as really there was not much else to do. But I could have done a snorkel excursion or rented a Boston Whaler.

The main problem with the weekends was that the cruises did not have much time in Bermuda. One or two days.