Visa for Cuba

augiesmom

Travelling to Cuba in January on the Norwegian Sky.

Have applied for the necessary Visa through Norwegian.

Do they provide us with the visa card prior to the trip, or do we receive it upon check in?

Thanks!

Just got back from cruise on Sky. We ordered the visas from NCL and they had them at check in. They were paper clipped to our passports. In Cuba the visas were taken when we went through customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the visa required even if cruiser chooses not to get off the ship at that port?

NCL states specifically "Please note that you will not be allowed to board the vessel without proof of acquiring a Cuban visa."

Not to get too off topic nor political, but why would one book a cruise to Cuba and not get off the ship? The Cuba itineraries command a premium price and there are so many other cruises that go to other ports on newer ships for less cost per day; the draw of a Cuba cruise, for most, is Cuba itself.

ok so we are booked,paid in full and have edocs printed, we completed people to people form. we sail september 3rd now this might seem a stupid question but how do we complete visa form for ncl i do not see it anywhere unless i over looked it.

ok so we are booked,paid in full and have edocs printed, we completed people to people form. we sail september 3rd now this might seem a stupid question but how do we complete visa form for ncl i do not see it anywhere unless i over looked it.

I couldn’t find a way on line to get visa either I called NCL and asked them to get it for me. They took care of it from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums