Should we go for Vibe Passes if we are in the Haven?

cruisegal415

Thanks for the update cruisegal, hope you’re having a great cruise.

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the meaning of “the shade wasn’t very shady in either “ LOL ;p

Haha! I get that. So it had umbrellas that were up but the umbrellas didn’t fully cover the chaise lounges. There were some lounges under an overhang but they were still partially in the sun. There was no breeze and it was brutal. I’m trying to upload pics but the WiFi on Maya Chan isn’t letting me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruisegal415

Haha! I get that. So it had umbrellas that were up but the umbrellas didn’t fully cover the chaise lounges. There were some lounges under an overhang but they were still partially in the sun. There was no breeze and it was brutal. I’m trying to upload pics but the WiFi on Maya Chan isn’t letting me.

Ok I get it, that makes perfect sense.

We’ll be in the GA Haven in September, please let me know if you have a favorite server in the Haven restaurant, Thanks.

We’re on board. Opted not to do Vibe. I was able to peek into Vibe from a staircase on the 17th deck. It looked lovely and empty but besides the bar and the hot tubs no different than the Haven sundeck. If you want adult only hot tubs get the Vibe passes. If you want to hang out at an outside bar with no kids around get the passes. If you’re looking for shade, I didn’t see a difference between Vibe and Haven sundeck.

In fact, the shade wasn’t very shady in either. There wasn’t much of a breeze and it really was too hot to hang out under an umbrella.

We got our drinks at the bar in the lounge and brought them up to the sundeck and that was fine. So far, I don’t see the need for Vibe passes for the two sea days since we are not hot tub people.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you made the right decision. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

The main bartender in the vibe on the Getaway follows a different set of rules than the Breakaway and I hear Escape do. I can’t remember her name, and she was very nice and pleasant. But there was no shot o’clock, wrist bands had to be worn all the time, etc. On the Breakaway, afternoons were a blast, a very fun atmosphere. The Getaway was much more calm. I preferred the party vibe, but others may only want peace and quiet.

The Haven sundeck has about 25 loungers. There's no way near enough seating for the amount of Haven guests wanting them. It turns into a chair hog situation. Then to think if you'll be lucky enough to snag one in the shade, the chances are really gonna be slim. If you can, I'd get the Vibe passes. They will have umbrellas, a bar, plenty of loungers you can come and go as you want.

If there are no hot tubs or pools in the getaway vibe I don’t see any advantage above laying out on your balcony. The one time I stayed in the haven it was on Escape. There was a pool, hot tubs, and tons of comfy loungers with nice thick mattresses and a pillow on each! Most of the time my sister and I were the only ones on the entire upper deck using the hot tubs and we only saw 2 children in the Haven area the entire week and it was a cruise July 2017!

If you want a good picture of the two areas, Vibe vs the Haven sundeck, go to Google maps, and put in "Port of Miami" in the search area. Then pick the satellite view and zoom in. The Getaway is in port and you can clearly see both Vibe and The Haven areas. You can even use the 3D control and the rotate control to see different views of the ship, etc. I even looked at my balcony!!

I used Firefox for this, as my Internet Explorer did not seem to like the graphics required to zoom close.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Port+of+Miami,+Miami,+FL+33132/@25.7750271,-80.1651284,221m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9b43c1f91e039:0x5ec9aa159b63625a!8m2!3d25.7745435!4d-80.1708802?hl=en

If there are no hot tubs or pools in the getaway vibe I don’t see any advantage above laying out on your balcony. The one time I stayed in the haven it was on Escape. There was a pool, hot tubs, and tons of comfy loungers with nice thick mattresses and a pillow on each! Most of the time my sister and I were the only ones on the entire upper deck using the hot tubs and we only saw 2 children in the Haven area the entire week and it was a cruise July 2017!

There are hot tubs but no pools in the Getaway Vibe. There are no pools or hot tubs on the Haven sundeck which is what I was comparing it to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want a good picture of the two areas, Vibe vs the Haven sundeck, go to Google maps, and put in "Port of Miami" in the search area. Then pick the satellite view and zoom in. The Getaway is in port and you can clearly see both Vibe and The Haven areas. You can even use the 3D control and the rotate control to see different views of the ship, etc. I even looked at my balcony!!

I used Firefox for this, as my Internet Explorer did not seem to like the graphics required to zoom close.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Port+of+Miami,+Miami,+FL+33132/@25.7750271,-80.1651284,221m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9b43c1f91e039:0x5ec9aa159b63625a!8m2!3d25.7745435!4d-80.1708802?hl=en

I also found several YouTube videos showing both places. Just google YouTube Vibe Getaway or YouTube Haven Sundeck Getaway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The main bartender in the vibe on the Getaway follows a different set of rules than the Breakaway and I hear Escape do. I can’t remember her name, and she was very nice and pleasant. But there was no shot o’clock, wrist bands had to be worn all the time, etc. On the Breakaway, afternoons were a blast, a very fun atmosphere. The Getaway was much more calm. I preferred the party vibe, but others may only want peace and quiet.

When was this as the main bartender this past June was a male? He was wonderful and did not make us wear the wristband. However, it was not the party atmosphere so that is why I probably loved it so much.

Ok I get it, that makes perfect sense.

We’ll be in the GA Haven in September, please let me know if you have a favorite server in the Haven restaurant, Thanks.

Ajit (AJ) is great. He serves the French pressed coffee and says it’s Indian pressed (he’s from India). Gabriel is also very sweet.

Ajit (AJ) is great. He serves the French pressed coffee and says it’s Indian pressed (he’s from India). Gabriel is also very sweet.

Thank you for that!

If you ever sail Escape, Louie is our favorite. Also, enjoying your live report.

Does the entire family have to purchase the vibe passes?. We are taking my 19 year old son and his girlfriend who I'd like to buy passes for but DH , myself and my 16 year old won't. Is that doable? Not blowing $500 bucks on this. Haven was enough $$$ !

Does the entire family have to purchase the vibe passes?. We are taking my 19 year old son and his girlfriend who I'd like to buy passes for but DH , myself and my 16 year old won't. Is that doable? Not blowing $500 bucks on this. Haven was enough $$$ !

Yes, that is doable. You can buy just two.