Taxi to airport in Bergan after cruise

jtslattery

yep, when we saw the price Viking asked to set up a car we thought it was a typo .... asked and they confirmed

OMG

Norway was expensive enuf without Viking grabbing yet more out of our pocket .....

there was a line of taxi waiting when we left the ship (last week in Bergen) and the porter started to load our bags into a taxi automatically .... had to stop him as we stayed in Bergen at the Harbor Hotel downtown .... we walked it .... took about 12 minutes. Thanks to the inventor of rolling suitcases!!!

We did some time in Bergen, then went to Flam and from there to Oslo (Norway in a nutshell))

When we were ready to go to the airport in Bergen, we used a taxi that cost us $600 Norwegian Kroner (just about $75). This included the tip we provided the driver. Next time I will try to figure out how to reserve with Flybussen.

yes ... but you should know where the ship IS ..... to tell the driver.

otoh the shuttle I mention can drop you a 5 minute walk from the terminal for MUCH less

Thanks for the advice...for a much less price, I can do a 5 minute walk :)

When we were ready to go to the airport in Bergen, we used a taxi that cost us $600 Norwegian Kroner (just about $75). This included the tip we provided the driver. Next time I will try to figure out how to reserve with Flybussen.

It’s very easy. Go to Flybussen website and reserve your tickets. There is a discount for seniors (over 65). The tickets are valid for the full day so you can choose time to leave at the departure day not in advance. I checked few websites for a deal but the Flybussen beat them all. The bus is very clean a comfortable with usb charges in the seats. There were only 7 of us during our trip. We stayed a night in Radisson Blu after our cruise and stop was next to the entrance!

this reflects where SKY berthed in Bergen just a couple of weeks ago (midnight sun cruise)

the walk is flat on a fairly smooth surface ... a wheeled bag rolls well (we walked all the way downtown with rolling bags ....)

enhance