Bringing a Glass of Wine to MDR

woodyq

Two scenarios:

A) I am at a bar and order a glass of wine, we then are joined by another couple and decide to proceed to MDR. Can I carry the glass of wine in???

b) I bring wine onboard, pay the corkage and decide I want to take a glass to the MDR. Is this permissible?

As usual thanks in advance for any assistance with this!

Two scenarios:

A) I am at a bar and order a glass of wine, we then are joined by another couple and decide to proceed to MDR. Can I carry the glass of wine in???

b) I bring wine onboard, pay the corkage and decide I want to take a glass to the MDR. Is this permissible?

Yes and yes! If at the Vines they may change out your Riedel glass for a less expensive b4 you leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, on both counts.

If you paid corkage on a bottle, you may take the whole bottle into the MDR.

If it was one of the free bottles you brought on, you can take a glass in, but not the bottle (without paying corkage).

Two scenarios:

As others have indicate, A is a solid yes!

As for B, we have a 60 night cruise coming up. We plan on bringing 3 cases of our own wine and paying the corkage. Once you have a corkage sticker on the bottle, you can bring it into the MDR and they will both open and serve it at well as store it for the next evening.

A) Do it all the time, never had a problem. Also taken cocktails in.

B) sorry, never taken wine onboard. Wondering though, how would they know it was from your own bottle and not purchased at a bar?

See The Rabbit's answer above...they mark the bottle when you pay corkage.

I pay my corkage for the wine I bring onboard and take a glass with me to the PES lounge in the evenings ... mainly because I love the event but don’t like the drinks they serve. Either room service or your steward will supply you with the glasses if you want to drink your own wine. You’ve paid the corkage so it isn’t even cheating!