Water in MDR for U.S. residents sailing Mediterranean

nautica34

I'll be sailing MSC later this year in the Mediterranean. Hoping to get clarification on the water policy in the MDR. I've read previously that bottled/mineral water is included for US passengers on these sailings. For those that sailed recently was this the case? If so, is it noted on the cruise card? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Have not cruised yet. But according to my research you have to prepurchase (for free) before you board.

It was added automatically with my Aurea Experience reservation (before I switched my reservation to YC All-inclusive) :)

Click on "Price Details" in the left column.

Click on "Price Breakdown" next to Total Stateroom Price

Water should be listed as "OBS Mineral Water in Dining Room"

Thank you! I tried clicking on price details then breakdown. No price is listed or any information other than experience and cabin number.

For our cruise in April I had to “buy” the water package - for free- by going in to my sailing and adding it. I remember it being towards the end of the beverage packages
Thanks. I looked through all 7 pages of beverage options and didn't see it.

Have not cruised yet. But according to my research you have to prepurchase (for free) before you board.

We cruised with MSC Preziosa last year (Northern Europe itinerary). Bottled water is included (free) in our booking but never added in our shopping cart (in MSC's website). During our cruise, I told our waiter that bottle water is free but he said it was not added in our booking. So, make sure you add it in your shopping cart and also verify that you have it when you get your complete documentation after you check-in.

We cruised with MSC Preziosa last year (Northern Europe itinerary). Bottled water is included (free) in our booking but never added in our shopping cart (in MSC's website). During our cruise, I told our waiter that bottle water is free but he said it was not added in our booking. So, make sure you add it in your shopping cart and also verify that you have it when you get your complete documentation after you check-in.
How can it be added to shopping cart? I booked through TA she saw no options and rep at MSC didn't know anything about it. I looked under beverages, only option was to pay $30. I'm sure there is a way but they make it very difficult.

Just curious:

If you can afford a cruise - cant you then afford a glass of water?

I really dont understand all the fuss regarding this. When that is said: Im from Norway, Im used to high taxes and prices in general.

It's not a question of affording it. Water shouldn't be difficult to get. I'm perfectly fine with tap water but had great difficulty getting it on other MSC ships. I'll actually be going to Norway (Bergen) later this month.

Just curious:

If you can afford a cruise - cant you then afford a glass of water?

I really dont understand all the fuss regarding this. When that is said: Im from Norway, Im used to high taxes and prices in general.

In many restaurants in the US they serve complimentary free tap water. No questions asked, they pour a glass even before you order any other drink or beverage. So it is legit to ask this question. It has nothing to do with high taxes or prices in general or if you can afford a glass of water. It is more a topic related to different countries and cultures. :)

In many restaurants in the US they serve complimentary free tap water. No questions asked, they pour a glass even before you order any other drink or beverage. So it is legit to ask this question. It has nothing to do with high taxes or prices in general or if you can afford a glass of water. It is more a topic related to different countries and cultures. :)

I agree we are from Canada and we always get free water at restaurants here and when we are in the US.

I agree we are from Canada and we always get free water at restaurants here and when we are in the US.

But you will go on a cruise on an European curise line... So maybe you should prepare for some differences compared to North America...;) Isn´t this what a trip to other countries is also about (getting in contact with other cultures)?;)

It's not a question of affording it. Water shouldn't be difficult to get. I'm perfectly fine with tap water but had great difficulty getting it on other MSC ships. I'll actually be going to Norway (Bergen) later this month.

Is it really difficult to get? Its being served - and then added to the bill. Not hard at all!

Enjoy Bergen! Be aware of HIGH prices at "Bryggen"!!!!

But if its related to different cultures: The consumer knows MSC is an Italian/Swiss cruise line before they book, right?

The OP doesn't demand water or complained, it was just a question like hundreds of questions asked on this board. MSC Cruises caters to international passengers such as guests from Great Britain (free tea kettles) and guests from USA (free water in MDR). The dinner & lunch menu and the food in the buffet is a medley of international cuisine, not just exclusive Italian/Swiss.